cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*** Who is this '50s 10" fashion doll? ***

I can take more photos if necessary.  She's 10", strung with a swivel waist and is...unmarked. Also has a nice head of rooted hair. The only thing I find to differentiate her is that she has painted lashes only along the bottom of her eyes.  I found one listing that is (I think) the same doll, but also unmarked and listed as unidentified.  She's the second photo.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.P1170081.jpg

Unmarked.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: *** Who is this '50s 10" fashion doll? ***

Also, if anyone might know, was it common for the Vogue Jill/Jan red halter top dress to have a few rhinestones on the skirt?Dolls3.jpg

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi pbobd12.

First let me say you have a gorgeous group of dolls there.  The Revlon's and the fashion dolls are my favorite to collect and sew for.  💖  😊

I have many many of these dolls.  Have the 3 red halter dresses, but not one with diamonds.  Not to say it may be an aftermarket dress, or one that the owner wanted to jazz up.  Nice touch.

There were/are so many variations of these dolls and outfits, some tagged and some not.  

I have the Revlon book, looking through it now, haven't come across who the doll in the red plaid dress is.  

Are you going to sell them?  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hi, thank you. I'm trying to get a few outfits listed but I'm not selling any dolls at this point. I also have two other red dresses and they both have one rhinestone on the bodice.  So I've been looking at listings and haven't seen another with them on the skirt as well.  They're all the same kind of rhinestones and attached the same way as the one at the bodice.  Maybe a Vogue factory worker got bored.

I think based on the other reply that she's a Belle Margie.  I wish I had the Revlon book. Right now I'm concentrating on Jill/Jan.  I don't have a place to display them.  I just pull them out every so often and  photograph themP1170113.jpgP1170114.jpgP1170221.jpgP1160869.jpgP1160851.jpg

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you!!! That seems to be what she is.  She looks so different than the regular Miss Coty/Circle P (which I never much cared for).  That last link has a Circle P identified as a Revlon.  And of course the 10" Margie looks nothing like the tall Cissy-faced Margie doll.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply