cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking info on this baby doll Germany Head, Jointed body. 22 inches tall.

Hi, I have acquired this baby doll.  Not sure if it was reconstructed with the head marked Germany and the jointed body. She is 22 inches tall (head and body) which I believe are bisque.  The details on the face are painted, the eyes do not close and the mouth does not open.  Any info, possibly whether she may be of  some value.  Thank you.

sitting.jpg

all 1.jpgface.jpgname.jpggerm 1.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Seeking info on this baby doll Germany Head, Jointed body. 22 inches tall.

Mouseshy, again I thank you for the info.  Now I know that larger antique dolls have composition bodies and not an all bisque body.  To me that is valuable info to know.  Again thanks.  I will accept your reply as a solution but I may come back to this board later with more questions and photos on other dolls.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I inadvertently left out that the work Kunkelmann with the K l/m symbol is on the back of the head, under the wig and at the base of the neck is some sort of an incised seal with the word Germany imprinted , I did show photos of both the name and the imprinted word Germany in the first post.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Your doll appears to be a reproduction of an antique German doll, " Kunkelmann" is the name of the hobbyist who made the doll.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Mouseshy,  You have confirmed what I expected that this is a reproduction.  Thanks for the info letting me know that the name on the back of the head was the hobbyist who made the doll.  May I ask this question of you?  Was the jointed body added to the hobbyist head or is the doll a whole composition of his work?  Forgive me if this may not be an intelligent question but I am trying to learn about antique dolls as I have acquired many and will need to know how they were assembled.  Even though it is a reproduction, does it have any monetary value or is the value that of how one loves the doll?  Thank you.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You're welcome, nu4u2buy, sorry I didn't have better news. The body was made by the hobbyist, one of the signs that gives your doll away as a repro is the all bisque body, small all-bisque antique dolls were made, but, a 22 inch antique doll with a bisque head of this type would have a composition body. The value of this doll is minimal, there is not much of a market for reproduction dolls made by amateur hobbyists, the secondary doll market is flooded with modern porcelain dolls.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Mouseshy, again I thank you for the info.  Now I know that larger antique dolls have composition bodies and not an all bisque body.  To me that is valuable info to know.  Again thanks.  I will accept your reply as a solution but I may come back to this board later with more questions and photos on other dolls.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply