cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help identifying these dolls

I have had these dolls for about  28 years and I'm having a hard time finding the makers. I believe one of them was my mothers, the plastic bride with knitted dress. The first one I played with as you can see her hair, but I've heard the clothes can be worth something if rare. The second one actually is engraved to me and signed by DM in cursive. The 4th is also signed in cursive DM.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

They all look to me like home made dolls. They have very little if any monetary  value.  They do however have sentimental value.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

DM  could stand for Danbury Mint.  I don't think they are home made.  I'm not sure how the Danbury dolls were marked though.

They are modern, either porcelain or vinyl.  

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Danbury Mint dolls are marked Danbury Mint. The Op said " The Second one actually is engraved to me and signed by DM in cursive." The mark or "engraving" would generally be carved in the greenware before it was fired while it was still soft. Danbury Mint did not do that kind of custom work. Also, these are all porcelain dolls. My mother taught ceramics from the nineteen seventies until the early two thousands and dolls were one of her most popular items. Her students made hundreds of dolls that looked very similar to these. I could be wrong but my guess is that these are home made or inexpensive porcelain dolls that were very popular some years ago.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I agree 100% with rosie247, the doll in the polka-dot dress has a homemade look about it,. The three remaing dolls are either the products of  an amateur hobbyist or typical store-bought, made in China, porcelain dolls.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply