cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help IDing these Dolls #1

Recently acquired a big bunch of what I think are some decent quality dolls.  Here are 4 - would like to know their names and approx ages.  Info on each as follows:

#1 Compo doll - "LE" mark on back of head

#2 Compo doll - marking on back of head hard to read but likely Madame Alexander

#3 Not included here (it was MA Blue Boy)

#4 Shackman Japan sticker on back

DOLLS (1).JPGDOLLS (3).JPGDOLLS (7).JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Need some help IDing these Dolls #1

#1 Looks like a "Margaret face" Madame Alexander doll. Some were marked only ALEX. You might look closer at the mark, but the A and X may not have imprinted on the neck.

With the pigtails, check Madame Alexander Margaret O'Brien dolls. Those dolls had braids that were looped up - your doll's braids may not be long enough, though.

Just some thoughts.

#2 If not marked, probably not Alexander. Someone else may know differently, but this is my opinion...so far.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Forget Margaret O'Brien - those dolls have brunette hair.

Still thinking yours is a Mme Alexander

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Shackman Co. does fairly modern (late 1990s-present) reproductions of antique dolls. Yours looks to be a reproduction of a mid-19th century parian. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

agreed, even in 80s S were putting out pretty repros like this & known for their Bilos, top two pretty but not MA, that's just my opinion as the second one is closest to looking like maybe but there were many people copied MA when hers started getting popular, top actually looks plastic to me but am on micro screen right now

There's truth in lies and lies in truth, would I lie to you???
Message 5 of 5
latest reply