cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice on shipping dolls in the box

I am selling a few Lee Middleton dolls. I need some advice on the proper way to ship them so the original box doesn't get damaged. My doll boxes are about 27" long and it's difficult to find a box to ship my dolls in. I only want to sell about 6 of my dolls, but don't want to spend $50 to $90 something dollars on U-Ship on a pack of 25 boxes. I sold one of my dolls recently and made my own box out of a big Amazon shipping box. I did not wrap the doll box in bubble wrap or anything and am praying it arrives to the seller in the same condition. Does anybody have any experience with this? Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If you are mailing priority you can "frankenbox" the free priority mail boxes (not the flat rate ones). Just cut them down/squish together.

American Girl dolls will fit in two Priority Mail "shoeboxes" taped together. I don't know about Lee Middleton dolls, seems like they may be wider.

I would bubble wrap the doll box if there's room inside the shipping box for the inner box to slide around - it could get banged up. Also, if the box you use is thin (priority mail box for example) the corner could get bashed in. 

Frankenboxing is the best way for priority and for economy shipping (reuse regular boxes not priority!)- but I'd advise making all your boxes before listing your dolls, since scrambling after a sale is stressful. 

USPS will deliver large/medium/shoe priority boxes to you for free, just check the USPS website.

Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you so much! Yeah, the Lee Middleton dolls are pretty wide and come in a doll box that is about 24 inches long. I found some boxes at U-Haul that are about the right size and cost about 4 bucks a piece. I ordered some boxes from USPS, but it's taking forever for all of them to get here.  When the larger priority boxes finally get here, I will try "frankenbox," (lol) them together to see if my doll boxes will fit. Thank you so much for the advice. I will use it!

-Angie

Message 3 of 3
latest reply