cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do flirty eyes work?

I recently bought a K & R Simon Halbig doll with flirty eyes.  Because her wig is not currently attached, I can easily reach in her head and move her eyes back and forth.  How do they work once her wig is attached?  I assume something is broken, or incomplete inside her head, but I've never had a flirty eye doll, so I'm baffled.  There is a small glob of a cement type material at the front rim of her head, and it looks like it has a small piece of cord stuck in it - is this something that once attached to the eye mechanism in her head?  And if so, how does it work from there?  I can get her eyes to move by shaking and tilting her around a little, but that doesn't seem like a very smart thing to do with an antique doll... 🙂

Any help out there?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

How do flirty eyes work?

So happy for you!   I know how good it feels to get that little dolly looking good again!

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

How do flirty eyes work?

GREAT! Can't wait to hear how it goes for you.

I was just thinking, you may not have to remove the old blob, if it's small enough maybe just put the new stuff on top. Of course you'd have to make sure the wig won't stick up too far.

Nice explaining about how she'll "flirt". That's exactly how it works, or like in your pics, when you tilt her head to the side she looks in the opposite direction.

How do flirty eyes work?

I just read your posts.  Thank you for the great information.   I recently acquired an S & H flirty doll with a wind up key that moves the legs.  I thought it would move the eyes but they seem to move when i tilt the doll.  Her head inside looks like those you posted with the clear bar. 

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

How do flirty eyes work?

I have the same problem, did you ever find out what makes them move?
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

How do flirty eyes work?

Do all flirty eyed antique bisque head baby dolls sleep?
Message 20 of 20
latest reply