cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any thoughts on my antique bisque doll?

Hi! I have owned this doll for about 25 years now, and my grandmother owned her for an unknown amount of time before she gave it to me(She owned her for many years). This doll is absolutely 100% the same as when I acquired her... clothes, bonnet, hair etc. I have always figured she was 1930s or 1940s as that is when my grandmother was young and would have been playing with dolls herself. I now believe she may actually be earlier than I previously thought, but I really am stumped. I don't know if this was my grandmother's personal doll from childhood or if its something she picked up at a yardsale over the years. But I figured the doll must have "spoke to her" in some way as she was NOT a doll collector by any means. I'm hoping to get an idea of the age of this doll mostly, but any info would be great. I have searched her whole body and can't find a single mark anywhere. Her hands and forearms, head and chest, and legs and calves are all made of bisque. Her face is absolutely hand painted as you can tell from the photos. Her eyes aren't quite perfect etc.  Her hair is not molded, but im unsure if its real hair etc. Her body is cloth and I can't see what she is stuffed with unless I cut her open. The clothing is VERY fragile and thin. What do you think? Age range? Original clothes etc? Possible country of origin? This doll has been a mystery to me as long as I've had her. Bursts of researching have only confused me more honestly. Dolls are not particularly my specialty, but Id love to learn more! I appreciate any info, opinions welcome as well

20220815_163215.jpg

20220815_163054.jpg

20220815_163206.jpg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Any thoughts on my antique bisque doll?

Made in Taiwan circa 1980, distributed by a company called Silvestri. Some were sold as Christmas tree ornaments with a loop attached to the bonnet for hanging on the tree. Originally sold with a sticker on the clothing.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Made in Taiwan circa 1980, distributed by a company called Silvestri. Some were sold as Christmas tree ornaments with a loop attached to the bonnet for hanging on the tree. Originally sold with a sticker on the clothing.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Must not have had her much longer than I remember seeing her then 😆 . I can remember this doll around their house from about 1989 up until it was given to me. I never even asked where it came from. Ill be checking into this, but you sound like you KNOW what you're talking about. I appreciate the help very much! She isn't for sale, so her value (I'm assuming low 😆) or rarity etc makes no difference anyway, being a gift from my grandmother. The sentimental value is priceless of course. Now I know her origin though! Thanks for the help!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply