cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Doll A Day, please join!

Hi, thought it would be fun to do a doll a day.  Please join!  Every day, post one of your dolls.  It can be obscure, popular or only you love it.  Tell us who it is, who made it, a little bit about it and why you love it!  Only one a day and we can go on forever!....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 2,404
latest reply
2,403 REPLIES 2,403

OOAK by Dale Zentner.

Pat G.

Message 496 of 2,404
latest reply

Oh my! Patkan, what a beautiful doll. Pretty Please tell who she is and all the details about her.

Message 497 of 2,404
latest reply

Hi Dejavu.  She doesn't have a name---just "girl with bear".  A lot of OOAK artists don't name their dolls---they let the new owner do it.  She's made from cernit, and about 14-1/2" if standing (her legs are jointed), but she's really made to be sitting.  I believe Dale Zentner is from Canada. 

And since it's a new day, this is "Sherlock" from the Zapf "Saurkraut Kids" series.  These came out after the success of the Cabbage Patch Kids.  Zanini and Zambelli (Italy) also made a cute series called the "Pasta Kids".   

Pat G.

Message 498 of 2,404
latest reply

Whatta cute little guy, Pat!!! Love those chubby cheeks!

This is an 11" Petite Sally (composition)

She was a Christmas gift from my talented dolly doctor..

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

~Herm Albright
Message 499 of 2,404
latest reply

Thanks for the info Patkan. Your Sherlock is adorable too. Your wonderful doll collection sure runs the gamut (I love variety).

Choca what a terrific Xmas Gift!!! I Love the Petite Sally doll and would "kill" for one. I never saw the 11" one like yours, she's precious. Her face is wonderful whether original or not.

Message 500 of 2,404
latest reply

In case anybody is keeping track, since this morning when I posted my doll, my photo posting menu options have vanished again.  :_|

Anyway... thanks for liking Sally.   She's one of my faves; she has a trunk and lots of lovely vintage clothes too.

:-x

~Herm Albright
Message 501 of 2,404
latest reply

Yes me too Choca, no HTML icon and the paper clip gives me "You can't attach more than 0 files."

I'm going to message the appropriat board about this.

Message 502 of 2,404
latest reply

Reported to Technical Issues Board;

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Technical-Issues/Doll-Forum-We/5100036845

Message 503 of 2,404
latest reply

Yes me too Choca, no HTML icon and the paper clip gives me "You can't attach more than 0 files."

I'm going to message the appropriat board about this.

Answered on the

Technical Issues board

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Technical-Issues/Doll-Forum-We/5100036845?#msg5200697334

AND

on

Doll Forums PINNED-TOPIC

Posting Photos on the Discussion Board (2011) 🙂

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/topic/Dolls/Posting-Photos-On/5100021376?start=100#msg5200697337

How sad!

Our dolly-picture-posting thread has been reduced to having to talk about pictures rather than posting them.

:_|

Well, I'm  unstoppable. So there. *snort*   ]:);-)

IMG_1183.jpg

~Herm Albright
Message 505 of 2,404
latest reply

OK Ms Choca (smarty pants), please tell me how did you do that ???  I'm using Internet Explorer, not firefox. :^O

Message 506 of 2,404
latest reply

OK Ms Choca (smarty pants), please tell me how did you do that ???  I'm using Internet Explorer, not firefox. :^O

Drag n drop.

However.

My experiments with IE have shown that (for me) drag and drop from Photobucket isn't workable;  I can only get that method to work with Google Chrome and Firefox.

Maybe somebody else has a simpler way to do it but I open Ebay in Firefox and Photobucket in Google Chrome and slide my pictures from one browser to the other.

I saw the geekier solution that was posted, but this Rube Goldberg setup works for me without raising my blood pressure.

Carry on with courage...we shall survive this too.  😄

~Herm Albright
Message 507 of 2,404
latest reply

Thank you Choca! You really are a smarty pants (in the good sense). 😄

Message 508 of 2,404
latest reply

Haven't used M$ IE since 2004...

Firefox 0.9 is still more stable than Internet Explorer 9.0 ...

just ask...

http://forums.ebay.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/5200014023/Geisha_FR-View_FNL_11x20.jpg

Thank you again Sadiesshop for your help.

I'm not very computer saavy. I upgraded to IE9 from a microsoft prompt on my computer and for the most part I'm pleased with it. I also use Microsoft Security Essentials as my virus etc. program. I always use my computer's suggestions for all upgrades and downloads.

Computer Technology is not a primary interest of mine so I tend not to experiment.

Message 510 of 2,404
latest reply