cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Doll A Day, please join!

Hi, thought it would be fun to do a doll a day.  Please join!  Every day, post one of your dolls.  It can be obscure, popular or only you love it.  Tell us who it is, who made it, a little bit about it and why you love it!  Only one a day and we can go on forever!....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 2,404
latest reply
2,403 REPLIES 2,403

Ideal Bye-Bye Baby, made only in 1959! Have original car seat, clothing and box!
Message 2191 of 2,404
latest reply

Oh My Gosh!  THANK YOU !!!

Goldie
Message 2192 of 2,404
latest reply

Effanbee compos ~ two Little Girls and a Wee (wearing a repro's gingham)

DC lg wee.jpg

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 2193 of 2,404
latest reply

Mme. Alexander Cissy:

000_7432.jpg

Goldie
Message 2194 of 2,404
latest reply

Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 2195 of 2,404
latest reply

Everything I post is getting error messages... 😞
Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 2196 of 2,404
latest reply

strung Ginny wearing First Corsage

on the hunt for "the corsage"

VG corsage.jpg

Message 2197 of 2,404
latest reply

Hi Diane,

I notice your Ginny has her original necklace.

I was really happy to find this Ginny with hers but the chain is caught in her neckseam and will not come loose.

photo BlueGinnyCloseup.jpg

photo SignatureCJS.jpg
Message 2198 of 2,404
latest reply

Three 8-9 inch French bisques. L to R: E. Danamur, FG .Mulatto lady, FG child.

023.JPG

Message 2199 of 2,404
latest reply

I've had this big fat Anne Shirley for several years but, sadly, never got around to making any clothes for her.
Last week in a serendiptious episode of out-side-the-box-thinking and finding a dress in the right place at the right time--I tried this Daisy Kingdom Dress on her. It's one of those that was sold as a fabric panel; I made it several years ago.  

I like the look... she's happy to be dressed, and I don't have to feel guilty anymore about her standing around waiting for an outfit! heart

AnneShirley22a.jpgAnneShirley22.jpg

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

~Herm Albright
Message 2200 of 2,404
latest reply

photo CosmoGinger.jpg
Message 2201 of 2,404
latest reply

I am always in awe when one of us receives family dolls as that was not the case for me and she is beautiful. I truly feel that some AM dolls are undervalued and I think almost every collection starts out with one or acquires one as time goes on.. That is the case with what happened to me a few weeks ago. I tagged along to an auction house with my daughters not really expecting to see any old dolls and when we arrived, I saw some hair in a box across the room.

You know how we doll mavens are. We can sniff them out across a crowded room..lol. Well I waited holding my breath as the other auction goers took her and flung her upside down, and then roughly put her back in the box. I could tell she was an AM from my view of her and took a moment to look quickly so as not to tip off my hand that I was going to take that poor dolly home to escape further abuse.

When the box lot came up, I put my paddle up and did not take it down. The hammer went down at 80 dollars which was very satisfying to me. I picked her up and when I got home, I examined her. She was a 370 Dep with original wig, dress, hat, and other clothing, but needed some work on her knees. Also lurking under all the antique clothing in the box was an early china in original clothes and a turtle celluloid. I brought her home, cleaned the filth of years off her pretty face and washed all the clothing. She looked so happy to have someone care.. Here she is for all to see.. I have named her Matilda after my 2nd great grandmother..

"Everyone Needs At Least One"
Message 2202 of 2,404
latest reply

Her original dress is not on her as it is very frail silk that has started to deteriorate. this is one of her Mommy made dresses that were in the box..
"Everyone Needs At Least One"
Message 2203 of 2,404
latest reply

wowee Kimmel ~ fab doll and fab story too!!

my compo 12-inch Jolly Joan arrived in her birthday suit

assembled a makeshift uniform for her ~DCJJ.jpg

Message 2204 of 2,404
latest reply

It was such a nice day, Melanie and Renoir Portraits took a stroll.

001.JPG

012.JPG

Scarlett tagged along, but was entranced by a field of clover.

022.JPG

Message 2205 of 2,404
latest reply