cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Doll A Day, please join!

Hi, thought it would be fun to do a doll a day.  Please join!  Every day, post one of your dolls.  It can be obscure, popular or only you love it.  Tell us who it is, who made it, a little bit about it and why you love it!  Only one a day and we can go on forever!....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 2,404
latest reply
2,403 REPLIES 2,403

Another new Ginny I got this summer.

001.JPG

Message 1831 of 2,404
latest reply

Your Ginny dolls are so cute; they are sentimental favorites of mine!  

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

~Herm Albright
Message 1832 of 2,404
latest reply

Chocashopaholic, me too. I had one Ginny as a child, but because of her outfit and braids I never really played with her since I wanted to protect her. Now, in just over 1 year, I have 5 more. I must have become a Ginny collector when I wasn't looking.

Message 1833 of 2,404
latest reply

Choca and Skitter - Ginny  was one of my late Moms favorite doll. I like some of the very early 50's ones and the re-issues from the 2000. Her 1980's were not made well.I have been tempted to buy but I have behaved!  Here are are few of her Ginny's.

DSCF1408.JPG

DSCF1411.JPG

photo 26433872-6ae8-49c0-b390-29569596101a_zpse3963890.jpg
Message 1834 of 2,404
latest reply

Oh, your dolls are sweet, and I love the room displays!!!

It's easy to slip into Ginny Collecting Mode...after all, they're small, and they don't take up much room at all!!

But they're very heart-warming!!!

I still have my original 2 from my childhood, along with the clothes that my grandma, mom and aunt made for them. heart

~Herm Albright
Message 1835 of 2,404
latest reply

Nice Ginnys everybody.

Vogue Ginny strung painted lash in Frolicking Fables Scottish dress from 1952.

Message 1836 of 2,404
latest reply

Oh she is really nice! I love those chubby blush cheeks! Her costume looks wonderful. Someday I just might get one.

photo 26433872-6ae8-49c0-b390-29569596101a_zpse3963890.jpg
Message 1837 of 2,404
latest reply

Ginny always makes me smile, and OH that Ginger! Just love that face, but I am unfamiliar with her Choca, who makes her????
Photobucket
Message 1838 of 2,404
latest reply

I am trying so hard not to buy.....and I just can't come to this discussion without wanting to....those Ginnys are so cute and I agree the room display are wonderful!!!  I have to get tied in a chair with no PC close at hand to keep from looking for a new doll....once seen I hit that buy or bid button....no self control at all where dolls are concerned.....so this discussion is a way to stay in shape....getting tied up and then fighting those ropes....I enjoy these dolls each of you has given us the priviledge of seeing....thank you and keep on with the dolls coming.....

DSCI0005.JPG

“Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted”
- David Bly
Message 1839 of 2,404
latest reply

@blackmomdog wrote:
Ginny always makes me smile, and OH that Ginger! Just love that face, but I am unfamiliar with her Choca, who makes her????

Ginger was made by Cosmopolitan. There is a high-heeled fashion doll named Ginger, as well, by the same company.

This isn't either Ginger nor Ginny; it's a more modern Wendykins. I made her outfit, since she came to me *gasp* naked... 

pinkwendykins.jpg

~Herm Albright
Message 1840 of 2,404
latest reply

I just gave away a doll I call "Miss Oike" since I have no idea who made her. I thought she looked cute! She was from the 1980s.

Ignore the Charm tag - that is not correct!

Mattel Oike 11.JPG

Mattel Oike 09.JPG

I think this company made her - it matches the marks on the back of her neck.

Mattel Oike 04.JPG

Message 1841 of 2,404
latest reply

hello all, just scrolled thru to see and enjoy everyone's collections!

recently dressed this Ginny in plaid.

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 1842 of 2,404
latest reply

Mylittleshoppe, I adore the crochet outfits on your small dolls. Did you make them?

Message 1843 of 2,404
latest reply

No, I purchased them on the old "dress me" type dolls several years ago.  I was in one of those "I want crocheted dresses for all my dolls" moods.  I know how to crochet and do make dresses for my dolls....but these were purchased cheaply and I so much appreciate all the hard work put into them.  I still have lots of crochet dresses on lots of my dolls. Even the larger ones which use the baby size.  I am obsessive compulsive I think.  Thanks for asking. Sandy

“Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted”
- David Bly
Message 1844 of 2,404
latest reply

These are a couple of the outfits I do make....whoops i cheated....two today but I have not posted but a couple of times....Crochet is my pasttime now.  DSCI0001.JPGginny little bo peep dress white .JPG

- David Bly
Message 1845 of 2,404
latest reply