cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Doll A Day, please join!

Hi, thought it would be fun to do a doll a day.  Please join!  Every day, post one of your dolls.  It can be obscure, popular or only you love it.  Tell us who it is, who made it, a little bit about it and why you love it!  Only one a day and we can go on forever!....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 2,404
latest reply
2,403 REPLIES 2,403

momsmeghan
Enthusiast

This is a 32" SFBJ perfect oily bisque, in gorgeous appropriate old (not original) sailor outfit. She was made in 1899 by Jumeau who was in the SFBJ. Real human hair french wig. I bought this doll on ebay just last month from a reputable dealer (mandcdoll), whom rest assured is selling beautiful authentic antique dolls.  Even better, this doll is on a Jumeau Chunky all wood body. Her expression is dreamy and her bisque is clean and crisp with no flaws. All in all, incredible shape for a doll 114 yrs old. I intend to name the reputable doll dealers on ebay from whom I bought any dolls I picture, so buyers will know who the good ones are, since ebay allows reproductions to be listed and sold as antique even when reported by anyone except the buyer. I am thrilled with my purchase. Hope you like her as much as I do.

Message 1666 of 2,404
latest reply

momsmeghan
Enthusiast

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

Message 1667 of 2,404
latest reply

SHe is GORGEOUS, Clap, clap, clap Lynn

Message 1668 of 2,404
latest reply

What a plethora of lovely girls! It is always such a treat to stop in here.

Fragil, I was unaware of Plusczok, the photo of your two cuties is truly a breath of spring! Wonderful!

Lynn, I love, love, LOVE your new little one. Is she a "Just Me"?  I so love those dolls.:-x

If not the similarity is incredible, congrats on her.

Terri, it made me smile to see Lizard Girl again, thanks for posting.

Markowitz, I am very fond of Dark dolls, and yours is sweet. I would like to see her again when you have her dressed, she deserves something special.

AND...

Is there anything more gorgeous than that rasberry color on Chocas Anne Shirley??? WOW!

You dress your girls so beautifully Choca, and are SO very talented, always stunning results.

I personally think you were lucky to find an original outfit that met the standards of your own work.

Chaplins, China girl is very cute! I am kicking myself, as I had held her in my hands and liked her, but having not yet seen the movie I didn't feel any "connection" with her. NOW, I've seen the movie, her character is darling, I want her...and she is sold out everywhere. (I do wish she looked more like the animation) Hubby actually said we'd go on a hunt today, so I'll let you know if I find her. Congrats!

Momsmeghan, just a lovely, lovely girl. Beautiful photo to start my day. That outfit is incredible!

Photobucket
Message 1669 of 2,404
latest reply

So nice to keep seeing all these lovley dolls and thier clothes etc, thanks for enjoying mine also, here is a smaller barrois Fashion who would like to be seen, lol, lol Lynn

photo 1107132252712_frenchfashioncloseview_zpsfe6856f5.jpg

Message 1670 of 2,404
latest reply

I just love viewing all the different dolls!  So pretty!  I know my daughter will want the new OZ she is stunning and I lust after Choca's dolls!

I am trying to redo some of the existing dolls to get the OZ fever out of my system....here is Tonner New Patsy playing the part of Dorothy.  Ok, I know it's a stretch, but hand sewing this ensemble kept my away from the buy it now button for nearly a week! LOL....terri

Tonner New Patsy photo DSCN6594_zps1a1a9759.jpg  photo c740a1df-7789-44e6-b010-25d7985be39f_zps7cbfa4de.jpg

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1671 of 2,404
latest reply

This my work in progress a Minimee Michael Jackson BJD.

Blackmomdog, my TRU still has them as far as I know..let me know if you want me to go look. The dealers have snatched them all and doubled the price on ebay...X-(

Beautiful antique girls and I love Patsy's new outfit!

photo 009_zps24c088f1.jpg

Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 1672 of 2,404
latest reply

In Remembrance of Sheryl "Goody" Goodfynder

Kestner 166, 17"

Message 1673 of 2,404
latest reply

Although not as amazing as Choca' s dolls and ensembles, here is my only Little Lady in a dress made from a vintage pattern that claims each outfit has only one pattern piece.  Yes, it is true and although not very complex, I think it makes a lovely walking the shore ensemble for her.....terri

photo DSCN6610_zps15db9183.jpg Ann Shirley photo DSCN6614_zpsc7670ab4.jpg

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1674 of 2,404
latest reply

Very pretty, she looks lovely, Lynn

Message 1675 of 2,404
latest reply

Today's doll is one of the first Hitty's I carved.  Her name is Sarah and she is all decked out as a bridesmaid for her Old Maid Aunt Maude's Wedding.....

hitty photo DSCN6619_zps1b342db6.jpg

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1676 of 2,404
latest reply

How sweet she is, did she catch the Garter?

That dress is lovely, wish I could sew also, Lynnb

Message 1677 of 2,404
latest reply

This Beautiful doll was a gift from the old chat board anyone remember? Lynnb

photo 1097628339620_giftsdollclose1_zpsb516dec1.jpg

Message 1678 of 2,404
latest reply

Just lovely!

Here is another Hitty I carved, this one named Penelope, and she is ready in her bridesmaid dress....

photo 2499110c-29fd-4448-8d14-39473c1f6c9c_zpsc8320a69.jpg

So far, here is Maude, Sarah and Penelope...one more to go....terri

Hitty photo DSCN6631_zps2baeaf19.jpg

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1679 of 2,404
latest reply

Nice Job, you are multi talented I see, you must have a lot of fun, keep posting I shall post this bought her did not make or dress her 😞

photo HuebqchIfixed1.jpgI keep the net on cause her hair gets mussed while she plays lol, Lynn

Message 1680 of 2,404
latest reply