cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Doll A Day, please join!

Hi, thought it would be fun to do a doll a day.  Please join!  Every day, post one of your dolls.  It can be obscure, popular or only you love it.  Tell us who it is, who made it, a little bit about it and why you love it!  Only one a day and we can go on forever!....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 2,404
latest reply
2,403 REPLIES 2,403

Madame Alexander Polly Pigtails in her original tagged outfit.

photo polly_pigtails1.jpg

American Character Baby Susan made for one year only.

Baby Sue American Character photo baby-Sue.jpg

Message 1786 of 2,404
latest reply

Wow, beautiful dolls. I especially love that Toddles and Baby Susan.

These are Ideal Tiffany Taylors. The one in the middle I got for Christmas when I was about 4 years old.

photo 007_zps4f8335e1.jpg

Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 1787 of 2,404
latest reply

The Lissys are enjoying today's sunny weather!

Message 1788 of 2,404
latest reply

Wonderful doll pictures.love them all, Keep showing please, Lynn

Message 1789 of 2,404
latest reply

I love this thread, so many different types of dolls both old and new. I learn a lot here.

There's "something" about those Tiffany Taylor girls that make them special but I don't know what that "something" is although it's definitely there. I can't tell that they're 19" tall from the photos.

Madam Alexander dolls maintain that consistent "look and feel" about them through the years. I don't know much about Alexander dolls though.

Love those Lissys out in the sun. I love vintage dolls when they go out in the sun, they're just so full of life.

The vogue toddlers look so cute.

I am not familiar with many of these dolls, but I keep looking at joints on the K&R S&H doll, they fascinate me. I am curious how these dolls are strung or if they are strung.

Good old Barbie forever young and body perfect, no digits extra, no digits missing. Contrary to what many parents think that Barbies are a bad influence on children, I love that perfect body, the touch and feel of the old Barbie.

My doll collection is downsizing, I will only keep our family's vintage one owner dolls, contemporary resin BJDs and vintage Sashas and Ideal Playpals. Speaking of resin BJDs......I was looking at Lorella Falconi's Violet Skye. Lorella Falconi announces exactly how many dolls will be released although I am not sure if this is marked on the doll's body. (eg 25/50)

Here's my doll for the day. I am suffenly fascinated by these Japanese made Bradley type dolls. They're not expensive, but I love them. This is the only one we have. She's a one owner doll from the 70s.

1978-1982 Japan

Message 1790 of 2,404
latest reply

1920's Russian doll close-up photo 353.jpg 1920's or 1930's Russian lady doll photo 347.jpg Hard Plastic and Bisque 2 inches tall photo 352.jpg Two tiny babies and a cradle

Message 1791 of 2,404
latest reply

I like those Bradley dolls too.

@west_coast:    I like that first doll, she is awesome!

Ellowyne Wilde and her Patsy little sister.

017 photo 017.jpg

~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 1792 of 2,404
latest reply

I try and stop by every day, love seeing all these dolls, old. new and in between, Hugs to all Lynn

Message 1793 of 2,404
latest reply

A pair of baby resin dolls by doll artist Ping Lau. I was privileged to meet her during IDEX in April. I've been under a lot of doll related stress lately. These 2 little ones put a smile on my face. Love them.

Untitled

Message 1794 of 2,404
latest reply

Two tourist dolls from my childhood: Rio de Janeiro and Bahamas.

Message 1795 of 2,404
latest reply

Have had this Kestner for a very long time

photo 1048377006955_Kestnercloseup_zps33f9df31.jpg

Message 1796 of 2,404
latest reply

any here do room box's???

photo roombox1_zps9980579b.jpg

Message 1797 of 2,404
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sigh, soooo pretty that Kestner, mommalyn.  Hubby and I used to do dollhouses and go to dollhouse shows.  Never did single rooms.  VERY nice!!   Linda 

Message 1798 of 2,404
latest reply

She's beautiful Lynn!  I finally found a Handwerck head I could afford....I have had the body about 15 years...and just now found a head!

I love room boxes....never had one though.

Madame Alexander Joanie and Betty.

photo 022.jpg

~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 1799 of 2,404
latest reply

THnaks, and thanks all for these new p[ictures, dolls are so great they can hep relieve stree etc.

Room box's are great fun also. My kestner saYS "THANKS" LYNN

Message 1800 of 2,404
latest reply