cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

I have a Disneyland Ceramic Stein. I purchased from someone liquidating an estate collection. He said the original owner believes it was purchased in the opening year in 1955. I'm trying to verify if the Stein was indeed produced in 1955?

Here's pictures. The lid is some sort of fairly soft metal as you can bend it easily with yout fingers.

http://www.crist.com/temp/1stein.jpg

http://www.crist.com/temp/12stein.jpg

http://www.crist.com/temp/123stein.jpg
Message 1201 of 1,793
latest reply

txp-mas
Enthusiast
Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck Weather Forecaster made by "THE WEATHERMAN, CHICAGO, ILL.", "The world's largest manufacturer of Weather Houses - Made in USA". It is a little plastic house (6"x4.5") with a pressed paper board insert that goes in the back. Mickey or Donald are on a rotating piece. If Mickey rotates out of his doorway, good weather, if Donald, then rain. I still have the original box and the original shipping box addressed to my great grandfather postmarked Dec 31st, 1947.

After looking at it, I'm not sure how it works or if there are any missing pieces. Googled for 20 minutes without finding anything remotely similar. I would post a pic, but don't have a picture hosting site. Happy to em pic to anyone that can help. How collectible is it? Thinking of selling it b/c no one in my family is a Disney collector and wouldn't properly appreciate it.
Message 1202 of 1,793
latest reply

Hello, Can anyone tell me anything about this Mickey? He is approx 2" tall and oh so cute. He appears old, but I cannot tell for sure. Has plastic/cellouid face hands and shoes.
Thank you
Carole
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa211/croth16/mickey/
Message 1203 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have a Disneyland Ceramic Stein. I purchased from someone liquidating an estate collection. He said the original owner believes it was purchased in the opening year in 1955. I'm trying to verify if the Stein was indeed produced in 1955?

ANSWER:
Though it's unlikely that these beautifully crafted pieces would have appeared in 1955, by 1955-1959 they pieces were sold at the park in plentiful supply. Though many have been lost or damaged over the years, the few that remain have become prized collector's items; often selling for $50 - $125 or more.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 1204 of 1,793
latest reply

harmonygardennut
Enthusiast
Hi,
I have a 1940 vernon kilns for disney Pegasus vase in pink. Is it worth anything?
Message 1205 of 1,793
latest reply

slander
Enthusiast
Hi there - I have a question please. I've googled for hours and not found anything on my mugs.

I had bought a set of 4 disney mugs at a garage sale a few years back. All 4 have Sango China Japan stamps on the bottom and a "walt disney productions" signature at the bottom of the mug.

The mugs are squarish in shape (rounded corners). Two of the mugs have the faces of Horace Horsecollar, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Huey, Goofy, Daisy Duck, Donald Duck, Clarabelle Cow, and Mickey Mouse on them.

The other two mugs are a picture of Goofy taking a group photo of (from left to right) - Huey, Donald, Minnie or Mickey's nephew? (not sure of his name - he's a mouse wearing a red jughead beanie), Dewey, Mickey, Lewie, Minnie and Pluto. The word "Cheese!" is right above Pluto's head. All 4 mugs are in near-perfect condition.

Have you ever heard of or seen these mugs before? I can't find a reference to them anywhere but they appear to be copyrighted Disney mugs.

Thanks!
Message 1206 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I had bought a set of 4 disney mugs at a garage sale a few years back. All 4 have Sango China Japan stamps on the bottom and a "walt disney productions" signature at the bottom of the mug.

The mugs are squarish in shape (rounded corners). Two of the mugs have the faces of Horace Horsecollar, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Huey, Goofy, Daisy Duck, Donald Duck, Clarabelle Cow, and Mickey Mouse on them.

The other two mugs are a picture of Goofy taking a group photo of (from left to right) - Huey, Donald, Minnie or Mickey's nephew? (not sure of his name - he's a mouse wearing a red jughead beanie), Dewey, Mickey, Lewie, Minnie and Pluto. The word "Cheese!" is right above Pluto's head. All 4 mugs are in near-perfect condition.

ANSWER:
Sorry to report that we've had minimal luck in learning about Sango as well. It appears that they produced Disney products for several years; possibly even into the 1980's. We've seen quite a bit of the 1970's versions; but pricing has tended toward the lighter side. However, we'd wait until we learned more about the company before selling a large collection. It apperas to be well made; and nicely presented.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
Message 1207 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi - I hope you can help me! I have two character watches from the 1950s, both made by US TIME. They are Alice in Wonderland & are identical in every way except for her apron. On one, Alice's apron is white, and the other apron is gold that sparkles when in sunlite. There must be some significance to be different like this. Tks!
Message 1208 of 1,793
latest reply

lmef7740
Enthusiast
HI I own an Original Disneyland toy that is battery operated and it is from the 1960's. It is a plastic (Big toy) spinning futuristic type toy from the original Disneyland days. Disney World wasn't even open yet. I won it by entering a drawing contest for Ronco Pasta and the Princess Pat show in South Carolina probably in 1964. It is in perfect condition and in the original box. The last time we had it out it still ran. Do you have an estimate on value or if someone would want to add it to their collection. I have never seen one like before. I think it is limited in production because it was special.
Nanners from Savannah
Capricorn-January 3
Message 1209 of 1,793
latest reply

lmef7740
Enthusiast
Thanks, I have been storing it in the loft of our garage for nearly 35 years. I think it is time to let it go. I will interested if there is a market for it. Thank you again.
Nanners from Savannah
Capricorn-January 3
Message 1210 of 1,793
latest reply

rightcharge
Enthusiast
I have a set of 1970's era Snow White wind up music chime dolls by SCHMID and I am attempting to get a appraisal on for each figure. Thanks for any information on my quest. Please email me if you have time. RightCharge@gmail.com

AJ
Message 1211 of 1,793
latest reply

juliejackg
Enthusiast
Hello. I have a small, ceramic figure that looks to be a tiger. It's a warm-yellow color with a series of three small black stripes on it's back, sides of face and each of the four legs. (This is not "Tiger" from Winnie the Pooh.) This figure is sitting down and has a very oval shaped head and ears. The ears and face look more like a bear to me, but the stripes and tail are certainly a tiger. It's smiling and appears very happy. The bottom says " (c) Walt Disney Prod. Beswick England". Does anyone have any idea what this might be? Maybe a secondary character from an older movie or from Europe? (Sorry, I don't have any way to include a picture in this post.)
Message 1212 of 1,793
latest reply

runco3775
Enthusiast
I would like to sell a Disneyland ticket . Is there a buyer that is serious about buying one First Day Ticket in excellent condition. I don't do this much selling my family things so don't waste my time with anyone who is not willing to pay for what it is worth and as we know it's in the thousands. Sold one in the 80's for 4,000. in California Auction just for Disney Collectables held at the Burbank Hilton.
J.R
Message 1213 of 1,793
latest reply

trrekbproducts
Enthusiast
J.R., there was no eBay in 1980; you are not going to get anywhere close to $4000. In fact, there is a recently completed auction with the opening day press pass that went for under $600. So I won't waste your time. Good luck, though.
Message 1214 of 1,793
latest reply

standtall_stopas
Enthusiast
I was wondering if someone can help with this question: We're planning an on-line eBay auction in a few weeks and one of our supporters has donated a bunch of Lillian Disney’s private stationery. She feels that people would bid on these a sheet at a time. Is their a market for this type of item? Would it potentially sell better as individual sheets, or as a lot? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, John
Message 1215 of 1,793
latest reply