cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

Hi there. This looks like the place to answer a question for me.
I have a set of Salt and Pepper Shakers. Original box, "Mickey & Pals" Designware, SKU# 661279, Desc Mickey in Car Salt and Pepper. The Pepper shaker is Mickey with a steering wheel, waving, and the salt shaker is a yellow car, with a sticker saying: The Good Company, a division of Applause Inc, C the walt disney company, all rights reserved, MADE IN KOREA, and also on the bottom of the car etched or whatever you call it is c disney. Can you give me some insight? I can't find anything at all about it. Thanks so much!!!
Message 916 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi it took me a while but I finally figured out that you are the one to come for answers. Can you tell me if this Mickey Mouse bank that was produced during Disney's life time is made of composition or pasteboard. It doesn't have any kind of mark but is in good condition except for the cut or dent over the eye which made me think composition. I will come back often to check your for your answer and thank you. Jan

Jan
Message 917 of 1,793
latest reply

brettryantalley
Enthusiast
QUESTION:
a few years ago i came across (what looks like a) vintage/antique mickey mouse hat. i have taken pictures of it, but dont have them on my computer. it's in mint condition. my guess is you'll know what type of hat it is without needing a picture..it's all black cloth with a bill and an embroidered mickey on the front...i believe it's like this hat http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Mickey-Mouse-Ears-Hat_W0QQitemZ280033225776QQihZ018QQcategoryZ138QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem but all black. it seems like this would be worth more than a 12 dollar auction...am i wrong? any insights would help. thanks!
Message 918 of 1,793
latest reply

Hello! I am new here but have a lot of Disneyana. I have a question about something I bought at a garage sale last weekend.
It is a set of Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs figurines. The stamp on the bottom says: Copyright Disney & Sri Lanka. They appear to be hand painted. Snow White is about 7" tall & the Dwarfs are about 3 " or so. They seem to be made of some type of porcelain but are not very glossy.
I would like any information you can give about these. Does anyone know their value? I would like to send a picture but am not sure how using this forum. Any info is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Darcie
Message 919 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
a few years ago i came across (what looks like a) vintage/antique mickey mouse hat. it's in mint condition. my guess is you'll know what type of hat it is without needing a picture..it's all black cloth with a bill and an embroidered mickey on the front...i believe it's like this hat but all black. it seems like this would be worth more than a 12 dollar auction...am i wrong? any insights would help.

ANSWER:
This hat is not considered to be valuable. Anything over $10 for this hat would be a strong sale.
Message 920 of 1,793
latest reply

Hello! I am new here but have a lot of Disneyana. I have a question about something I bought at a garage sale last weekend. It is a set of Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs figurines. The stamp on the bottom says: Copyright Disney & Sri Lanka. They appear to be hand painted. Snow White is about 7" tall & the Dwarfs are about 3 " or so. They seem to be made of some type of porcelain but are not very glossy.

ANSWER:
These are similar to porcelain bisque figurines... but are actually resin figurines. They were sold at Disney theme parks throughout the 1990's. They are not vintage. Sorry...
Message 921 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Can you tell me if this Mickey Mouse bank that was produced during Disney's life time is made of composition or pasteboard. It doesn't have any kind of mark but is in good condition except for the cut or dent over the eye which made me think composition. I will come back often to check your for your answer and thank you. Jan

ANSWER:
This is no real value to this piece... the damage to the piece makes it only a novelty... Not much desired among collectors.
Message 922 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi there, I sent this before and it looks like it was overlooked. I'm so stuck on this. Thanks!!

'Hi there. This looks like the place to answer a question for me.
I have a set of Salt and Pepper Shakers. Original box, "Mickey & Pals" Designware, SKU# 661279, Desc Mickey in Car Salt and Pepper. The Pepper shaker is Mickey with a steering wheel, waving, and the salt shaker is a yellow car, with a sticker saying: The Good Company, a division of Applause Inc, C the walt disney company, all rights reserved, MADE IN KOREA, and also on the bottom of the car etched or whatever you call it is c disney. Can you give me some insight? I can't find anything at all about it. Thanks so much!!!'
Message 923 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi, can you give me any info about a vintage girl's coat with leggings with a tag that says Walt Disney's Cinderella. They are a burgandy colored velvet with "ermine" tails decorating the collar of the coat. They appear to be well made and are in excellent condition. Thanks so much for your time!
Message 924 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have a set of Salt and Pepper Shakers. Original box, "Mickey & Pals" Designware, SKU# 661279, Desc Mickey in Car Salt and Pepper. The Pepper shaker is Mickey with a steering wheel, waving, and the salt shaker is a yellow car, with a sticker saying: The Good Company, a division of Applause Inc, C the walt disney company, all rights reserved, MADE IN KOREA, and also on the bottom of the car etched or whatever you call it is c disney.

ANSWER:
These items have only novelty value; possibly $10-$20. They are quite new; not considered to be vintage.
Message 925 of 1,793
latest reply

travelfan92
Enthusiast
I would appreciate any information that you can provide concerning a Mickey Mouse figurine that I recently purchased at an estate auction. It is apparently made of bronze and is approximately 3 inches tall. Mickey is standing up with his hands on his hips. It has what appears to be old looking original paint. The oversize shoes are painted green, the gloves yellow and the shirt/pants are red. There are no markings on the item that I can find.
Message 926 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I would appreciate any information that you can provide concerning a Mickey Mouse figurine that I recently purchased at an estate auction. It is apparently made of bronze and is approximately 3 inches tall. Mickey is standing up with his hands on his hips. It has what appears to be old looking original paint. The oversize shoes are painted green, the gloves yellow and the shirt/pants are red. There are no markings on the item that I can find.

ANSWER:
It is likely that if the piece has no copyright mark, that it's an unauthorized reproduction. We can tell more with a photo; but green shoes on Mickey wouldn't be likely to pass Disney marketing standards.
Message 927 of 1,793
latest reply

anjilek1
Enthusiast
I have a Mickey Mouse Baker Cookie Jar, the one holding the the flour bag and wearing a bakers hat.

In looking through listings, there seems to be a few differences in prices and styles. They range from $8 to $50. The difference's in the jars seem to be mostly the flour bag is painted white, or is left the same yellow as the body, and the "V" hairline in the center of the face.

I currently have one with a yellow flour bag and no "V" in the hairline. Stamped in the bottom is, " © THE WALT DISNEY CO HOAN LTD ".

My question is- Do the styles date the piece, and any info on the one I have is appreciated.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Message 928 of 1,793
latest reply

goldproview
Enthusiast
I have 300 plus items of vintage Disneyana. My pieces start in 1920's and most are during the years that Walt Disney was at the helm. Most items are from the 30's and 40's. A few highlights are: Knickerbocker 12" Old Style Donald Duck fabric doll with long beak; Disneyland Mickey Mouse Ferris Wheel; Marx Duet Donald Duck and Goofy (Goofy missing arms and ears); Donald Duck Dipsey Car with plastic spring head; 2nd edition Donald Duck Drummer; Peter Puppet Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse Vintage Oldest Set Marionettes; Bob Baker Donald Duck & Minnie Mouse on Stands and numbered; Pelham Jiminy Cricket Marionette Rare; Disney Character Minnie and Mickey Marionette in Original Boxes, Walt Disney Character Alice in Original Box; Pinocchio Marionette Dances and Sings; Old Wooden Minnie Mouse small Marionette with beaded arms and legs; Lots of Bisque 30's Figurines, Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Bambi, Pinocchio and others. Vintage Murano Donald Duck; Ingersol rotating disk Mickey Mouse Watch with Silver Band with Mickey on each end in Original Box both marked Pedre Mickey Mouse; Poster Walt Disney Donald Duck, "Early to Bed", rare 41'. Sorcerer Cell Art COA; Music Director Cell Art COA; Mickey Mouse Braclet by Van Del, like new in box; Goofy Backward Watch Vintage; Bambi Rocking Horse; Scatterball Game with all pieces and Original Box; Rare Pepsi issued Mickey Mouse in Santa Costume; WWII Donald Duck Special Insigna; Bee on Guard, Donald Duck numbered drawing for cell, 3 Old Cloth Minnie Mouse Dolls with rat face. Other items not so rare are Gund Puppets all types; other jewelry; windup toys; Gund Plush all types with Rubber Faces; watches; clocks; telephones; lamps; art work; snow globes; musical globes; Old games in original boxes; Rubber toys; Marx toys; Chein toys; Knickerbocker plastic ramp walkers and figures; tea sets; trains; Song sheets; lunch boxes and thermoses; childrens purses, gloves, paint tins; crayon boxes. LE Figurines; Movie Reels and sets; Mickey Mouse Club Items; Tin rattles; Comic Books; Story Books; Annuals; Snow White Complete doll sets; umbrellas, cameras, Small Mickey on Trikes; Tin Windups; Tons of FP Pull Toys, including a Donald Duck Strutter and various other Mickey and Donald; Tins of all kinds...........I have signed up as a seller but it is slow coming with a full time job and two girls 7 & 10. I started collecting because my 10 year old is special needs. She loves Disney and I thought it would be a good investment for her future. My problem is I got a little carried away. I am running out of room and need to downsize and recoup some of my initial investment. I thought this message board may be a greatway to get some insight as to what would sell the quickest and have a decent return on my investment. You seem to really know a lot about Vintage Disney. If you would like pictures or a complete list let me know. Is any of this worth holding on to or is it all pretty common. Is anything rarer or worth more than others. Thanks for any help you can give me. Thanks, Janet Clifford
Message 929 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I currently have one with a yellow flour bag and no "V" in the hairline. Stamped in the bottom is, " © THE WALT DISNEY CO HOAN LTD ".

ANSWER:
These are not vintage cookie jars. Typical value: $15 - $25. They were made in plentiful supply, and are readily available ot the secondary market.
Message 930 of 1,793
latest reply