cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

00lea77
Enthusiast
Sorry Dave -- I'm hoping this link works for the Three Little Pigs child's tea set pictures. Again, what can you tell me? Thanks!

http://community.webshots.com/album/297051880dglnke
Message 406 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
A wonderful ebay buyer directed me to your thread for help with my Three Little Pigs child's tea set. What can you tell me about it?

ANSWER:
This children's tea set is typically known as "Lustreware". It was imported to the USA in the 1930's by the George Borgfelt Company. The prices for these items typically range from $10 - $20 per piece; with larger pieces (teapots, etc.) selling for $35 - $50, or more.

The Three Little Pigs motif was at its most popular during the early 1930's, when the United States was suffering under the Great Depression. "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?" was the song they were best known for. The song came to characterize America's tough spirit and strong character in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds. The tremendous demand for their likeness on products didn't live much beyond the 1930's, but they remain a classic image on vintage Disneyana collectibles.
Message 407 of 1,793
latest reply

00lea77
Enthusiast
Thanks, Dave. I knew the pigs were of that era, but had no idea they were connected to symbolism surrounding the Great Depression. Very interesting!
Message 408 of 1,793
latest reply

thecrzymom
Enthusiast
Hi Dave! You should enjoy this one. My mother-in-law has an old childs size "rocking horse" of Mickey Mouse that she inherited from her aunt. Story goes that the aunt acquired it from an estate sale well over 20 yrs ago for $400, that it was made approx 1929-1930. I cannot find this item in any of the Disneyana books we've looked at so far, but she saw it once on a antiques road show where they claimed it was worth approx 10,000.00. My mother-in-law would like for me to sell this for her on ebay & I'm scared to death to do it and not quite sure how with it being that valuable. Perhaps you can give me an opinion on the value of this unusual item; has c. Walt Disney Enterprises on foot of Mickey, both sides. Made of wood.
Message 409 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
My mother-in-law has an old childs size "rocking horse" of Mickey Mouse that she inherited from her aunt. Story goes that the aunt acquired it from an estate sale well over 20 yrs ago for $400, that it was made approx 1929-1930. I cannot find this item in any of the Disneyana books we've looked at so far, but she saw it once on a antiques road show where they claimed it was worth approx 10,000.00. My mother-in-law would like for me to sell this for her on ebay & I'm scared to death to do it and not quite sure how with it being that valuable. Perhaps you can give me an opinion on the value of this unusual item; has c. Walt Disney Enterprises on foot of Mickey, both sides. Made of wood.

ANSWER:
Far be it from me to challenge the highly respected "Antiques Roadshow"... but $10,000 sounds like a stretch for this item. Even so, it's a wonderful early Mickey Mouse item.

Yours was likely manufactured by the Mengel Company of St. Louis, Missouri between 1935 and 1939.

We would have estimated the piece between $500 - $750; but a piece in mint condition would certainly command a strong premium. You'll want to check with several other dealers though, as these large toys are seldom seen and could vary widely in price... and always trust the "Roadshow!"

Sincerely,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 410 of 1,793
latest reply

marie4275
Enthusiast
i am trying to find out how much to post my stuff for. how do i figure that out? it's stuff i received while working at CA advventure when it opened like a cast only map of the park and numbered opening day cast member news letter and some pins too. thanks.
Message 411 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
i am trying to find out how much to post my stuff for. how do i figure that out? it's stuff i received while working at CA advventure when it opened like a cast only map of the park and numbered opening day cast member news letter and some pins too. thanks.

ANSWER:
Sorry to say... early items from DCA are not in demand; on eBay or otherwise. It's unlikely that DCA will ever have the strong appeal that is found for early Disneyland souvenirs.
Message 412 of 1,793
latest reply

knepperl
Enthusiast
QUESTION: Any idea on the value of "Donald the Skier" described in post 390 here? Thanks very much.
Message 413 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
The item is a Marx "Donald the Skier," a celluloid wind-up that seems to be from the late 1950's from what I can gather.

ANSWER:
This item in the original box typically sells for $150 - $250; although in mint condition may sell for much more. Prices are rapidly increasing for these vintage Louis Marx items. We'd start the auction at $150 and let the auction take up to 10 days.

Best wishes,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys and Disneyana Auctions
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 414 of 1,793
latest reply

knepperl
Enthusiast
> This item in the original box typically sells for $150 - $250

Thanks very much. Wow, that shows just how hard it is to nail down the value of vintage stuff! The estimates are all over the place on this item, which I guess goes back to an item really being worth whatever someone's willing to pay for it, eh? 😉 The various dealers I spoke with at Renningers Antique Extravaganza a month or so ago pulled out 3-5 year old antique toy books and were pulling numbers like $350-$900 for Donald without the box, depending upon condition. They also thought the general vintage toy books tended to UNDERvalue the Disney items, and that since the books were a coupe years old the current value would have be a bit higher. I had it appraised by a vintage toy dealer about five years ago somewhere in the area of $800 (can't find the appraisal right now to provide an exact figure).

Did the vintage Disney Marx toys gone DOWN in value for the past few years and are now working their way up again, or are the published antique toy guides that far off?
Message 415 of 1,793
latest reply

Here’s hoping some of you Disney/Mickey Mouse Club collectors can give me some information on this tiny ¾” square tin/metal box with a pop-up Mickey Mouse inside. It’s from a family member who was born in 1940 and he received it in his childhood as a member of the Mickey Mouse Club. The top has the Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketeers logo and when you open the little hinged top, Mickey’s head pops up on a spring. The back side of the little box has a raised bar to attach it to a string or chain.
Do any of you Mouseketeer collectors have any idea of it’s value? Also, does anyone know the year this was issued? Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

Message 416 of 1,793
latest reply

Hello Dave,
I have a question regarding a 1955 Disneyland Opening collectible.
The item in question is the original soundtrack of the July 17, 1955 TV Show with Art Linkletter.
In total 9 recordings with 41 scores of music, tailored to the different attractions and dance numbers during the show.
Do you know anything about the background of the recordings for the broadcast?
Sincerely
Andreas - bookandmagazine
Message 417 of 1,793
latest reply

elmcdowe
Enthusiast
I have a Mickey Mouse figurine that has Walt Disney Prods embossed on the head and Made by L____(cannot read) in the base of his feet. He is wearing a blue suit and carrying at top hat. Measures 8.75" tall and 4" at base. Any info would me extremely helpful!
Thanks
Beth
Message 418 of 1,793
latest reply

elmcdowe
Enthusiast
Here is a pic of the Mickey Mouse Figurine I was referring to. G:\Documents and Settings\root\My Documents\My Pictures\Vintage Mickey Mouse_resize.jpg
Message 419 of 1,793
latest reply

elmcdowe
Enthusiast