cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

There is typically not a strong retail market for modern signed & numbered limited edition lithographs.  In general, the sheer volume of such releases by Disney has steadily undermined the potential future value of these pieces.  The exceptions are generally found among the studio animators and WED Imagineers who regularly worked with Walt Disney and have signed known works of art from that era; often in limited edition form (ie. through the Disney Gallery above Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland; or through the Walt Disney Gallery stores in malls throughout the country).  As for Souders' lithographs, while the original retail prices generally ranged from $30 to $200 for his Disney work... today they often sell in the $50 to $100 range... depending upon the marketplace at the time of sale.  There are exceptions, but that has been our observation in tracking recent sales on eBay. In reality, relatively few of the offerings from the "Official Disneyana Convention" gatherings (1992 - 2002) have appreciated within the contemporary marketplace.

Message 1771 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi there! I have a piece that I’m trying to identify but cannot find anywhere online. I believe this is a signed Yamagata serigraph but my CoA doesn’t seem to match up with the piece itself. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Here’s a link to  images of the piece. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/eODGcMK

Message 1772 of 1,793
latest reply

Yes... it's consistent with the work of Hiro Yamagata.  The frame appears to need restoration, but the framing is of the style of that being used to frame Yamagata's Disney work in the late 1990's.  His art is outside of our area of expertise (vintage Disney), but your specific piece has been published in Yamagata's book for Tokyo Disneyland's 15th Anniversary year in 1998.  There is a copy currently offered on eBay, though it appears to be a rare book (aka "expensive"); as distributed only in Japan.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/191846986607    As for your COA... it doesn't surprise me that you have #11 certificate with a #12 AP.  There were many challenges in translating from Japanese in retailing these works.... and errors were not unusual.  Even in the above book (Hiro Yamagata: Disney Magic) the Japanese word for "Dumbo" is translated as "DuNbo".    It appears that their use of the term "serigraph" is simply a contemporary reference to what used to be known as a "silk screen" print.  I assume that Tokyo's Yamagata Center is no longer in business.  I understand that the artist is now based in the Los Angeles area.  I have no prior experience in pricing Yamagata's work though prices seem to vary significantly depending on the seller.  The limited availability of his Disney work is somewhat surprising. It's likely that much of the Disney art was sold in Japan and except for the "artist proof" supply (controlled by the artist), most of the pieces were likely sold at Tokyo Disneyland.  Bottom line... there is much more to learn about the specifics of Yamagata's retail operation and how the pieces were circulated for distribution.  However... that's about the extent of what I know.   Dave Mason for Disneyana Auctions by Saturday's Toys.

Message 1773 of 1,793
latest reply

I recently acquired these Disney set of plastic keys featuring Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck and Goofy.  I've seen sets of these keys over the years on ebay and wanted to ask if you or others might know where they may have been used.  At Disneyland? In a storybook? Or are they likely part of a Disney toy? Simply don't know and would like more info if available.  

Thank you for you time and response.

Message 1774 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi, 

I’m unsure if this message board is still active but I thought I would give it a try! I have a Snow White and Seven Dwarfs drink set that I’ve been unable to find information about. The pitcher features Snow White and the handle looks like a tree trunk and says Snow White. There are 7 dwarf cups accompanying the pitcher. On the bottom of each piece it is stamped with Walt Disney productions and there is a sticker that reads Enesco Japan.  Any information you can provide is appreciated.

Message 1775 of 1,793
latest reply

I now see the board is still active! Here are photos of the set. 19C6F539-D518-4C0C-BB50-1930865DD73E.jpeg15A927A1-3270-4C1C-BEF4-F8638154B570.jpeg

Message 1776 of 1,793
latest reply

The earliest Enesco Imports were authorized by Disney from 1968 - 1972... and there were more recent issues as well.  We'll need some photos, including photos of the lables, in order to know exactly what you have.  

Message 1777 of 1,793
latest reply

Got it...  It does appear to be Enesco... from the earliest period of license with Disney; as sold at Disneyland and Walt Disney World.   It was issued after Walt Disney was already gone... but it is charming and would be appealing to collectors.  I'll get back to you if I can come up with any comps that might be helpful in estimating a current retail value.  It's certainly a beautiful set... and rarely found with all the cups still together.  Yours appears to be in beautiful condition.

Message 1778 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi! Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! Here is a photo of one of the bottoms. Any comps you can provide are much appreciated. Thanks again for your help. 093409D2-A83E-4F1E-97E2-EB0EE35DEFF9.jpeg

Message 1779 of 1,793
latest reply

I can't quite tell... do the cups in your set have handles?  A few variations of this set were made... with tapered mugs... and straight (like yours)... and there was also a "Snow White" mug (though I don't see one with your set).  The mugs can typically be found for $10 to $25, depending on condition.  The pitcher is more unusual... and I'd estimate at $125 - $250; depending on demand at the time of sale.  (very tough to find comps for the pitcher).   It's right on the border between "vintage" and "contemporary"... so it has that disadvantage... but it really is a nice piece.

Message 1780 of 1,793
latest reply

Final follow-up... to refer you to the Wadeheath set; as made in England (late 1930's).  It's the gold standard of Snow White sculpted ceramic dinnerware.  The pitcher (with music box under base) consistently sells for $500 to $1000; sometimes more.  Many other unique pieces also offered with that set.

Message 1781 of 1,793
latest reply

The mugs don’t have handles. Thank you so much for the information you’ve provided, I appreciate it. Best wishes, PT

Message 1782 of 1,793
latest reply

I'm not really sure if I'm posting this right or in the right place. Do you help identify old Disney items? Let me know if I'm doing this wrong. I'm pretty clueless! Anyways, I have three items that I was told were from Disneyland from before 1980. One is a key from Fantasyland. The others are from Frontierland. I have poured over pictures trying to figure out where exactly they came from. Can you help? Thanks!

Becky Pine

Message 1783 of 1,793
latest reply

Unfortunately, while there appears to be some kind of COA with your items... these artifacts are nearly impossible to specifically confirm as previously exhibited at Disneyland.  The COA appears to lack the necessary information that would be relied upon in demonstrating clear provenance.

Except for the Disneyland golden horseshoe that was sold at Frontierland souvenir shops... the rest of the items were unlikely to have been created by Disney.  While it's not impossible that that they were once exhibited at the Big Thunder Railroad attraction at Disneyland (not as originals; but as generally available western themed decorations)... without specific photographic evidence and the names of those who maintained custody of the items since their removal from the park... they're not of particular value as Disneyland collectibles.  

Perhaps the prior owners can come forward and provide the background you would need...  However, at this point, while they're interesting as decorator pieces, they're not useful for much else.

Message 1784 of 1,793
latest reply

Good afternoon,

I have a can you please tell me about this 9 inch resin Mickey Mouse statue?

Message 1785 of 1,793
latest reply