cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

Unfortunately, we have no information about this recent doll from Disney Princess merchandising efforts.  You might want to check the boards for more contemporary Disney merchandise.  Our guess is that there is very little demand... and only minimal value for such dolls... likely produced within the past 10 years.

Message 1681 of 1,793
latest reply

Sorry, I assumed that this was a more vintage piece considering the style of the outfit and shoes. Thanks for your time!
Message 1682 of 1,793
latest reply

No problem... If I come across any information I'll post it here.
Message 1683 of 1,793
latest reply

Can Disney Molds be sold, and more importantly, the bisque that comes from these molds? Can the bisque itself be sold, and can the painted/finished item be sold? Were these molds recalled at some point? Do you know the story on them, or where to look for the answer as to whether they can be used to produce the characters?

Message 1684 of 1,793
latest reply

The Walt Disney Company reserves all rights to products using the name or likeness of Walt Disney and the trademark licenses they control.

We are aware of no examples that would provide protection from these copyrights; including those on molds or forms as you mention.  

It may be that some vendors appear to get away with producing such likenesses, but Disney's legal department is known for their aggressive protection of their licenses.  It's not recommended to test the waters in this regard.

Best regards,

Dave Mason

for Saturday's Toys and Disneyana Auctions

Message 1685 of 1,793
latest reply

1930 mickey mouse writing tablet, what kind of value.
Message 1686 of 1,793
latest reply

Varies significantly based on condition.  Please post photos and we'll be glad to review.

Message 1687 of 1,793
latest reply

Hello.

I'm so glad to have found this group! I have been trying to identify A 36" Minnie and Mickey Mouse Plush with no luck. I'm hoping someone here could help or atleast point me in the right direction. I am attatching a photo of the tag.

Very grateful,

NicholleIMG_2003.jpg

Message 1688 of 1,793
latest reply

circa 1991; as sold at both theme parks. There is relatively little demand for modern Disney plush animals, except to replace items of sentimental value. The tremendous number of plush novelties issued during that era overwhelmed the marketplace and current demand remains low with little likelihood of appreciation.
Message 1689 of 1,793
latest reply

Thank you very much for your help!

Message 1690 of 1,793
latest reply

Hello,

I have been doing research in the library on a toy from my childhood and have come up empty with searches on Disney:  pull toys, puzzles, character scrambles, wooden blocks. I have done quite a few online searches plus loads of books and can find nothing listed on this toy. 

This toy consists of a puzzle of 8 wooden blocks ( approx. 3"x3"x12") with 4 Disney characters (Mickey, Donald, Panchito and José Carioca) printed one on each side. They are all laying side by side in a sheet aluminum frame with rubber wheels at the corners. The frame has some raw edges at the ends and that makes me wonder if this toy was really a commercial product. The blocks are certainly commercial, they are printed in color (Panchito - red, Donald - blue, José - blue and Mickey - brown) with the characters names and faces across the blocks and with a copyright symbol and Walt Disney prod and pat. pen on each one but I am not sure about the aluminum frame.... no printing on it.

See photo.

If you could give me any information, or suggest where I could look to identify this toy, value, etc., I would certainly appreciate it. I am sure it is from the '40's because it was given to me as a baby present and my mother wouldn't let me play with it because of the sharp edges.

Thanks,
Gary Mason
Message 1691 of 1,793
latest reply

It's unlikely that this came from within the USA but may be from South America or Europe shortly after the end of WWII.  The characters of Panchito and Jose Carioca were developed during the Disney Studios' "Goodwill trip" through South America and I wouldn't be surprised if they were developed there as well.

The absence of an American copyright mark for the maker of the goods is a sign that it was unlikely to have been produced within the USA.  It seems familiar to toys of the 1940's... as sold in the USA... but it's missing some of the telltale signs of an America toy.

Sorry I couldn't help further... but I couldn't find anything like it in my research library.

Best regards,

Dave Mason

for Saturday's Toys and Disneyana Auctions

eBay User ID:  saturdaystoys

Message 1692 of 1,793
latest reply

I should have also noted that it could be an unauthorized Disney item... made in the USA... but without the normally required markings.

Message 1693 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi there,

I can't find any information on 4 Ballpoint pens with caps: 1) Has the date 1955 on it and Mickey Mouse Club on the barrel.                                                                              2) Has 1938 on it and Brave Little Tailor on the barrel.                                                                                                      3) Has 1941 on it and The Nifty Nineties on the barrel.                                                                                                      4) Has 1938 on it and The Band Concert on the barrel.

All of them have Mickey Mouse on the cap in the outfits from the particular films. Any ideas?

Message 1694 of 1,793
latest reply

please provide a photo with any copyright marks

Message 1695 of 1,793
latest reply