cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

w8jo
Enthusiast
I have a friend who is looking for a freeze pop maker. It has four ice pop trays that have Mickey Mouse faces. The popsicle sticks are yellow and are the bottom half of Mickey Mouse's body (rear end, tail and feet. The only identifiers on this are Walt Disney Productions® and Superseal®. Any information would be helpful! Thanks!
Message 151 of 1,793
latest reply

cowgirl12758
Enthusiast
I have a 1965 "DC" cat made by Gund and licensed by Walt Disney from the movie "That Darn Cat." Seems to be in excellent condition. Also has a Penneys tag with a price of $2.99 and stitched on tag saying "Walt Disney Character." I'm wondering how to price? Here is his pic.

Message 152 of 1,793
latest reply

Thanks so much for having this thread!

I have 2 old Mickey Mouse items I would like to have an estimated value for. This is what I know about the first:
Mickey Mouse figure has a black & white sewn head, with cloth hands & feet, joined by pipecleaners.
Mickey was made by Muscho in Germany, circa 1932. Figure stands 4.5". They were sold through Marshall Fields here in the United States. I have additional photos if needed.

The second is actually a Minnie Mouse, and is most likely from the early 1960's (?). I cannot read the entire tag (faded), but it reads in part: "Walt Disney Characters / manufactured by / ???? Stuffed Toys". She is 15", plush with flat plastic eyes.

Thank you in advance for your kindness!!! - Chris (JAKA)

This Siggy Intentionally Left Blank

Message 153 of 1,793
latest reply

cowgirl12758
Enthusiast
bump
Message 154 of 1,793
latest reply

onceuponadime
Enthusiast
Re: my post #149 above, I accidentally broke the link to the photo webhost so am reposting photo again:

Message 155 of 1,793
latest reply

onceuponadime
Enthusiast
Where oh Where, has our kind expert gone?
Oh Where, oh Where could he be?

Hmmm... Dave must be on vacation. Maybe at Disney....?
Message 156 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have this little Mickey change/coin purse, vinyl, zipper at bottom. Back imprint (c)DISNEY and MADE IN CHINA. Approx 3-4" diameter. Can you give me any info?

ANSWER:
Sad to say... but this piece is very new. It was sold at the theme parks, and was sold within the past 10 years. It is a nice novelty, but would sell for $2 or $3 today.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 157 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have a 1965 "DC" cat made by Gund and licensed by Walt Disney from the movie "That Darn Cat." Seems to be in excellent condition. Also has a Penneys tag with a price of $2.99 and stitched on tag saying "Walt Disney Character." I'm wondering how to price? Here is his pic.

ANSWER:
You've got a very rare one! To be honest, it's so rare that I've never seen one sell. It's great that the original tag is still present. If I were guessing, I'd place the value at $75 - $125. You'd have to find a collector of rare Disney plush, but it's a great collectible for the right person.

Best,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 158 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Hello Dave, can you tell me anything about this vintage HAPPY Dwarf (I assume Christmas ornament)?

He is 4 inches tall; hard plastic; no moveable parts; green "flocking"(?) on body, vest-belt-hat made of felt; pipe cleaner-type beard; only 4 fingers on hands; red plastic shoes come off; both shoes imprinted on bottom with: (c)WALT DISNEY PRODUCTIONS and MADE IN HONG KONG. Paper strip on back of vest says HAPPY. Eye color has rubbed off.

ANSWER: It's likely a 1960's era Christmas ornament from a company called Kurt S. Adler (or predecessor). They imported many different Christmas ornaments over the years, and are still in business. This is a tricky one though in that the maker's mark is not on the piece. I'd check with a few others before definately calling it an Adler piece. In its current condition, it's likely in the $10 - $20 range. Dopey would be the most valuable; in the $25 - $35 range.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 159 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION: (Post #152)
I have 2 old Mickey Mouse items I would like to have an estimated value for. This is what I know about the first:
Mickey Mouse figure has a black & white sewn head, with cloth hands & feet, joined by pipecleaners.
Mickey was made by Muscho in Germany, circa 1932. Figure stands 4.5". They were sold through Marshall Fields here in the United States. I have additional photos if needed.

ANSWER:
The second Minnie Mouse Doll would have relatively little value. It appears to be from the 1960's era; likely $10 - $15.

The earlier piece is harder to place. It appears to be hand stitched; and could have come from a kit that was sold at stores. If it was sold at Marshall Fields as we see it, then it would certainly have more value. Mickey's nose appears to be missing, though possibly it was just painted on. It appears to be well worn, but if it can be authenticated as an early Disney piece, it would be from the 1930's. I don't see any tags though; that would limit potential value. Possible value would be $100+, but you'll want to confirm with other collectors. It could be worth MUCH more...

Best,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
Message 160 of 1,793
latest reply

cowgirl12758
Enthusiast
Thanks for your help! I have That Darn Cat listed and am hoping that it does okay.
Message 161 of 1,793
latest reply

onceuponadime
Enthusiast
Dave, you are amazing -- how did you ever learn so much about Disney??? Thank you for the information.

What you said about the Happy Dwarf ornament (which I bought at a garage sale) matches what the owner said... she thought she got it in the mid 60s. I'll try to find out more about it re: Adler.

Thanks again,
Janet

Message 162 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have a Micky Mouse World Reporter Map made by Ran McNally in the 1950's Do you know a way I can find out what it is worth?

ANSWER:
In 1956, Rand McNally released the Official Mickey Mouse World Reporter press card, badge, and map. Copyright Walt Disney Productions.

This is an often overlooked set of Disney collectibles. We estimate that the set would sell for $100 - $150; while the map and individual pieces would sell for $25 - $50 each; depending upon condition.

Best wishes,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 163 of 1,793
latest reply

fiftiesfiller
Enthusiast
Hi Dave, my friend was bequeathed mickey and minnie from her aunt who was 85. she is curious how old they are and if they have any value. mickey is missing a hand. his buttons are mother of pearl. both are hand and machine stitched. we appreciate your expertise! have a great sunday, dreanne
Message 164 of 1,793
latest reply

fiftiesfiller
Enthusiast

Message 165 of 1,793
latest reply