cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wanted to say HI everyone!

Halloween is full swing in our yard already.   I have not been feeling great since I had COVID in August.   Keith has been doing all of the work, at least he's retired now.   He started setting up in August. 

Over the pneumonia and sinus infection last month but still have LOTS of cramping and spasms in my hips and no clue what that's about.    I try to get out and walk a bit but just walking around stores is causing the spasms.  My trusty tens unit and heat pads just are not helping.  

I am supposed to help him put up LOTS of webbing which is a two person job.  I really WANT to do it so I will have to convince it to do it short 10 to 15 min sessions. 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: Just wanted to say HI everyone!

Thank you for responding Denise .... Nice to hear you have been willing all these years ... ... Special diets and keeping your heart into it ... I am very  proud of you Denise ... Your coins are there waiting  for the right time ... When that time arrives please let me know ....

Be Safe Out There
DWB 

Message 31 of 45
latest reply

Thank you for the updates with your illnesses ... You sure are Brave to keep right on trying .l... 

I have lots of life threating issues with my entire Gastro System ... Tis the reason for starting this group around 30 years ago ..........  On this end I love the way our group has become ... We can all share things that help on both ends ... 
God Bless .... 

DWB 

Message 32 of 45
latest reply

DWB-you are always in my prayers!  Hopefully, you can find something that will help you out!

Message 33 of 45
latest reply

Makes me very happy to see you are doing well Denise .... I have lots of old peoples health issues .... Sharing heath issues seems to help me and others I known for years ....

22 years wow that's great

DWB 

Message 34 of 45
latest reply

I agree!  I have a lot of "old lady" pains, but I prefer those to cancer-pains.  So far, I haven't needed knee or hip replacements, and I am thankful for that.

My friend has to get shots in her eye and I keep telling her that I prefer chemo to that!!!!

Message 35 of 45
latest reply

Shots into the eyes sounds awful .... One of my brother in laws has to get those ... He only has 1 eye .... Lost the other one in various  wars ... .

Be Safe Out There

DWB 

Message 36 of 45
latest reply

shots in the eyes o'h yikes that shots in the eyes sounds oweful ...   My brother in law has that same thing ... He also has little hearing from wars ... God Bless those who give their lives like that ... 
DWB

Message 37 of 45
latest reply

I agree about the awful eye shots!

PA weather has been typical of spring.  We have a week of nice weather, and then a few days when the temps go down to the low 30's at night.  So i have to keep covering my hydrangeas, butterfly bushes, and azaleas. 

Waiting to get my lawn tractor maintenance done so I can start to mow. 

But the anticipation of planting veggies and flowers, make me very excited.

Denise

Message 38 of 45
latest reply

Sounds like a nice day working in the dirt ... My grand father use to call the dirt "Gods Medicine "  

We will be planting pepers this week and a few other things .... Lts of communication with the birds at the same time ... The forest is loaded with them   

I just let out some bird calls .... Here they come .... Can you hear them? 

DWB  

Message 39 of 45
latest reply

Good morning Denise ... 

This is a great time of the year to view and whistle at flocks of migrating birds . Being very close to a bird sanctuary adds a lot of excitement ... They fill the trees at sundown .... Dont look up or you may be hit by some thing .... ha ha

Weather is nice this time of year .... 70s days .... 50s nights ...   

I just whistled with a Cardinal can you hear ust 

DWB 

Message 40 of 45
latest reply

Good morning to you!  It is finally looking like spring.  It sure has been raining a lot, though.  I try to spend an hour or two when it is nice, weeding out my front and back areas where my flowering shrubs are.

And today I want to put my containers onto my back porch railing.  I have to tie them down with twine since they like to blow off when it is really windy. My porch is about 24 feet wide, so I have to put down a lot of containers. 

Our birds are everywhere, but I have a robin who built a nest on my back porch.  I had a different bird every year, but none are as nasty as robins.  Robins like to dive-bomb me when I go onto my porch. 

It's too early to plant here in PA yet, except for green onions. 

Enjoy your birdies!

Denise

Message 41 of 45
latest reply

@whotoldya   We've been enjoying watching the Harris Hawks nest in the neighborhood.  A great horned owl has a nest a neighbors tree but the tree is too full to see the nest that's about 40 feet up. 

We do have a woodpecker nest in our saguaro cactus in our back yard.  The parents love to suck down the sugar water out of the hummingbird feeder.      The male woodpeckers are still looking for mates or declaring their territory by pecking away on whatever makes the most noise, usually my AC until on the roof.    

Weather is starting to warm up here in Tucson.  We're going to be heading into the low 90's already later in the week, at least it will still be in the low 60's at night.  Since we have a block house it will stay cool inside for at least another couple months as long as it's cool at night.  

Hope you're all doing well.  

Message 42 of 45
latest reply

So much  fun watching the way wild life can adapt to so many things .... Recently there have been a pair of Panthers out here ... I stay indoors when they show up ... Expers looked at them and say they are over 300 pounds .... Big paws and big teeth facing inward ... That's a nasty one to have around .... They are eating Raccoons .... State says to not feed them what ever we do ... 

Be Safe Out There

DWB 

Message 43 of 45
latest reply

Panthers??  Whoa!  I never knew they would be in Fla. 

Message 44 of 45
latest reply

@whotoldya.  For sure stay safe!   You don't want to mess with big cats!  

We have a very rare mountain lion spotting in our area.  About 3 times in the 25 years we've lived here.   

Lots of coyotes as expected in Tucson and bobcats are fairly frequent.       

Message 45 of 45
latest reply