cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Health Products Topic

Being old folks we are in our local drug stores very often ...  This seems like it would be a good topic to share oer the counter products

DWB

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Health Products Topic

azelastine is now available over the counter as  astepro.  Same strength.  Since my new insurance doesn't cover RX's very well I will be using some of my $40 a quarter allowance that the insurance company gives us to pay for it.      I also take citracal, vitamin C,  k and zinc that I can use the quarterly allotment on.  

The $40 a quarter for Keith comes in handy to pay for his depends pads, he still leaks a bit since his prostate cancer surgery a couple of years ago.   

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

azelastine is now available over the counter as  astepro.  Same strength.  Since my new insurance doesn't cover RX's very well I will be using some of my $40 a quarter allowance that the insurance company gives us to pay for it.      I also take citracal, vitamin C,  k and zinc that I can use the quarterly allotment on.  

The $40 a quarter for Keith comes in handy to pay for his depends pads, he still leaks a bit since his prostate cancer surgery a couple of years ago.   

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Drugs have gone thru the roof here too.... 

We have the WallGreens Plan ... a premium each month but still copays too..
DWB

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

I have a local insurance company that I get my Medicare Advantage coverage from. I don't pay extra for it and it's got a lot of perks. I went and got a "Comprehensive Geriatric Wellness Exam" which I've never had before. I got a $100 debit card! I get $10 a quarter just for taking my meds as prescribed. We also get $50 a quarter to use with their online OTC catalog. I get my Tylenol, Zyrtec and vitamins that way. It helps a lot.

I only have 4 Rx plus the test strips and lancets for my diabetes meter. Prices don't seem to have gone up much. At least not for meds. 

Sorry I can't offer anything more.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

We really rack up some bills being in the hospital so much ... 3 times last month in Intensive Care .... 

Way back in years we got the Medicare Plan F ...

It  has been fabulous ... 

Nice to see you posting "Solo" 

DWB

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@soloinnv   WOW $100 for the exam that's really good.

Our plan has a house call NP that they send out and we get $15 on our card that can be used for groceries. We each get $10 a month for grocery items too when we report that we walked or did other activity for at least 30 mins and 10 days of the month.     Since we don't have fit bits I just log in and report it.     The $40 quarterly credit is only for OTC and the other credit can only be used for groceries which is just fine with us.  

Keith already had one house call in April and they want to schedule him another one.  He's deciding if it's worth the hassle to get the $15.  

We also have free gym memberships at a few places but we won't use those as we are not gym people.  

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

I am lucky since I am very low income ($1,116 SS a month), and on Medicaid.  But that will end in a year when my car is paid off.

Currently, I get $400 every 3 months on a card for my UPMC health plan.  It goes for OTC meds and healthy foods.

I don't know how I will be able to afford everything when I lose Medicaid.

Denise

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Every one should send you a "Group Hug"  ... 

Remember when we were doing that ?

DWB 

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Thank you for this information .... One of my grandkids 1s  starting out ....  I will let them know about this..... That will really help them  ... 

DWB

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Aww thanks!

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

I do try to sell stuff online, but it has never been this slow!

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

@denise15601 wrote:

I do try to sell stuff online, but it has never been this slow!

It has been slow for many sellers.  I don't know if you know Mam98031 from the community boards or not.  She mentioned at a recent Mentor zoom meeting how so MANY sellers are reporting slow sales.  She said she sells on other sites too and those sales are NOT slowing down, only eBay.   

I only sell on eBay and don't want to try and learn another site since the market price on comics has dropped we just pulled our more expensive comics and letting the others sit and send out offers to buyers every couple of weeks.  

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

I sell on 14 sites!  LOL.  A few are local only, and a few might have 2-3 sales a year.  But I persist.  Facebook Marketplace used to be as good as eBay, but it has been totally dead for months.

Too many glitches there.

Poshmark and Mercari are okay, and I do get a few sales on there.

I am not selling anything great as my daughter just cleaned out her closet and gave me 100 items to sell!  But they are all cheap mart brands and we split 50-50. 

So not much profit there.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@denise15601  WOW 14 sites!  I couldn't handle keeping track of that.    I can't say that you are not trying that's for sure!  

I did sell a few items that were local pick up on FB marketplace.  I did manage to sell them at what I think was less than what I should have gotten but I hated all the scammers on there.

If I have anything large to sell that's probably where I'd list it again the only thing I am leery of is my address is so easy to find on FB because of our Halloween page so I don't want to list anything of high value there.    I feel like it advertises where to come and steal from me if I list a collectible item since they can see the address before buying.  

I have a Godzilla model that Keith wants to sell but the shipping is going to be so darn expensive.   I might break down and do a Local Pick Up on eBay.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

I never meet anyone and always have them do a driveway pick-up. I have never had a problem.  My daughter did a ton of local pick-ups before I started and was never ripped off.

I have Ring cameras and Guardian alarm signs everywhere, so it is obvious that everyone is monitored. 

My area is pretty safe too.

The scammers are worse, but I just check their profiles and block them.  I am used to them.  As soon as I list something, I can expect the scammer inquiries.

The hardest part with listing on a lot of sites, is removing them from the other sites once I sell something.  I don't always remember to do that.  Oops.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply