cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Chat

Good morning all ...

Hard to believe it is Dec 1st already.  Soon it will be Christmas.  So much to do to get ready.

Hope you all have an enjoyable season and a wonderful day.

Kate

Message 1 of 103
latest reply
102 REPLIES 102

Re: Daily Chat

I feel guilty when I look at our forecast, it's supposed to get close to 80 on Thursday. 

I love this time of year when the weather is in the 70 to 80 during the daytime and low to mid 40's at night.   

Anyone needs to defrost this is the state to be in .  Glad you're moving to CA where you can defrost some, as long as you're about 10 miles inland you should be safe from the "June" gloom that seemed to never leave San Pedro.   Personally I miss the ocean but I don't miss the fog and gloom or the over crowding.   Although Tucson is getting more crowded every year.     

Stay warm! 

Jenny

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 76 of 103
latest reply

Had a bit of a setback on the move to CA. Long story and I won't bore you all with it. All has to do with my ex. If I'm not posting for a few days, not to worry. I'll be back. I'm just really upset right now.

Message 77 of 103
latest reply

So sorry to hear, I know you were looking forward to it.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.   

Jenny

Message 78 of 103
latest reply

Thanks. I've gotten more information and it turns out the bank screwed up...again. This has been going on since May of 2011. It's messing up my credit rating and the other day I heard from an apartment complex that had an apartment available. I explained my situation and they told me to call back after the foreclosure is final. The bank tells me it should be 390 days from the foreclosure notice so it'll be 2015 before I can get out there. That's unless I can find a place that looks at the rest of my credit which is fine. I just have to sit tight and be patient...and I've never been very good at being patient...but I'm working on it. Like I told one of my friends...I'm not going to let it get me down...just slow me down. And I'm not giving up. I will get there!

Message 79 of 103
latest reply

Hi. Sorry for the let down about the move , i. Don't know all the details. About how or why. You planed. This move. To California

I WISH IT WOULD WORK OUT WELL AND MUCH FASTER FOR YOU . MY SISTER AND I. HAD SPOUSE TROUBLE. THAAT TOOK MANY YEARS TO EVAN. TELL. HOW THINGS HAPPENED. WITH THEM IN OUR LIVES , WE WERE YOUNG AND. ON OUR OWN IN THE VEITNAM WAR YEARS. AND OUR. HOUSBAND TO BE,S JUST SHOWED UP AT OUR WORK PLACE. RESTURANT. ONE DAY. AND THEY WERE NICE AN KINDA GOOD LOOKING. AND. TREATED US NICE SO WE DATED AND WE MET THE PARENTS. ETC. .. SO THEY ASKED US TO MARRY THEM AT ALL MOST THE SAME TIME. AND SHE MARRIED THE FIRST MONTH AND. I. 3 months later. Well we were young. Kinda DUH. LOL. AND HAD NO. FAMILY CLOSE. THINGS WERE GRIM IN THOSE YEARS WITH THE WAR AND ALL. BUT THINGS. WENT OK. , THEN AFTER MY SISTER HAD HER CHILD THING STARTED TO CHANGE. THE GUYS GOT KINDA AGRESSIVE. AND MOODY ..TURNS OUT THEY WERE ON DRUGS ! AND SOON LEFT US ,, SO SIS AND I GOT A TINY APT. AND. STARTED. THE PROCESS TO GET HER. HB. TO SUPPORT THE CHILD. , WELL HE SKIPPED THE STATE, SOON AFTER. MY HB. LEFT ALSO WE WERE ON OUR OWN AFTER THAT ...... LONG STORY SHORT WE MADE IT BY OURSELFS. NEVER REMARRIED. AND RAISED ANN. A FEW YEARS BACK

WE GOT A CALL FROM THE TAX PPL. WANTING TO KNOW. WHERE OUR X,S. WE'RE.. LOL LIKE WE WOULD KNOW .

WELL THE TAX PPL. CALLED A FEW WEEKS LATER AND SAID THEY HAD BAD NEWS BOTH OUR XES. WE'RE DEAD.

THEY BOTH DIED OF CANCER .... THEY HAD BOTH KNEW THEY HAD IT WHEN THEY MET US. .. IT WAS FROM SMOKING THEY SAID ... WELL IT WAS A SHOCK , THEY KNEW THEY HAD IT AND DID NOT TELL US ... THAT'S WHY THEIR FAMILYS
AVOIDED US AND ACTED SO GRIM WHEN WE. WE'RE. AROUND ,THEY KNEW IT ALSO ! .

How can ppl be so evil. . Any how. We survived . The plus SIDE IS. WE GOT REAL LIFE SLAPPED IN OUR FACE AND LEARNED HOW TO CHECK EVERTHING OUT. AND. AFTER ALL THAT HAVE A PRETTY GOOD LIFE . THANK THE LORD AND ALL THE ANGELS"
Message 80 of 103
latest reply

I was together with my ex for 21 years. He developed a meth problem. That's why I'm not with him any more. My husband before that was a VietNam vet. He had PTSD before anyone knew what it was. He developed a cocaine problem. That's why that marriage didn't work out. 

Even the people I know who are on prescription medication have behavior problems. Drugs may help in some ways but they sure make life worse in other ways. It's why I don't take many at all. I'd rather deal with more pain than be under the influence of some of the pain meds they were trying to give me when I first got sick. 

As much as I want to be in California, my life here is not bad. Every time I start getting down...like the other day...I remind myself I have a roof over my head, food on the table, 2 kitties that bring joy to my life...well, 3 if we count Lil outside. My family and friends are far away but I truly believe everything happens for a reason and for some reason God wants me here in Arkansas. So here I will stay until it's time for me to move on. I know that time will come. Just got to be patient. 

Thanks everybody for the support and encouragement. It sure does help having this group!

((((((((((((((((((((((((SOFT GROUP HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Message 81 of 103
latest reply

Well, it's February and it's no different down here than in NJ. We've got about 6 inches of snow. At least it's all snow. Parts of the state got freezing rain and sleet. That's coming again tomorrow.

The kitties and I are worried about Lil...my outside cat. She's not been around all day. I see paw prints going down the driveway and into the woods. I'm afraid that she may have gotten into it with one of the other critters and lost because the snow is so deep and she's so tiny.

I knew this could happen. I just hope she's not in pain and is in kitty cat heaven. Cat Sad

Message 82 of 103
latest reply

Maybe Gods watching out for you and keeping away from earthquake central.  Hubby said he saw a report the other day that they are excepting a "big one"  soon, within the next 10 years tops.   Of course they are always trying to predict the next "big one" but it's been 20 years since the northridge quake so it's not unreasonable to think that a lot of pressure has built up. 

Not trying to scare you away from California just trying to make Arkansas sound better 🙂

Jenny  

Message 83 of 103
latest reply

Most people don't know this but there are more earthquakes in Arkansas than in CA. They are just smaller. The largest earthquake in this country was not in CA...it was here in the middle of the country. Houses around here are inspected for earthquake damage and I have earthquake insurance...well, I did until I got robbed. Arkansas is a strange place...

The good news is Lil came home. The winds have been driving the snow, sleet and freezing rain straight into the front of the house so I guess she found someplace warm and dry. I set up another shelter for her on the back porch. I had no idea she had come back until Magoo and Gutsy were jumping up against the back door. Guess she's going to be with us for the duration Cat Happy

Message 84 of 103
latest reply

Glad that Lil is still ok, I know you were worried about her.  It's amazing how resourceful stray cats are at finding a nice dry place to sleep.  Who knows maybe she's two timing you with a neighbor a mile away 🙂 

I had one of my indoor / outdoor cats back in California move down the street to a neighbor who kept over feeding him.  He was on special diet food because he weighed 20 pounds, I finally gave her his vaccine notice when it came due.  

I checked at the vets to make sure he was taken care of and she took him in!

I know that other areas of the country have a lot of earthquakes too but growing up in California and living through a couple of fairly big ones is one of the reasons I never want to live there again.

Like you said though everything happens for a reason, I truly believe that. When it's "time"  for you to move it'll happen. 

Jenny

Message 85 of 103
latest reply

Thanks Jenny

Message 86 of 103
latest reply

Our daily chat topic got pushed to the bottom somehow?

This is always a good one to check out.

Scroll down and read thru the postings. Some fun ones in here.

DWB

Message 87 of 103
latest reply

Ben scrolling down thru the daily chat postings and realized my not responding to you solnor.

I am sorry.

I read lots of postings in here. They make me feel better. Noticed how many are missing these days hope your ok. Always plan to do more posting but wind up forgeting. 

Is the weather getting better up north. Longest winter ever wow. Off to work

Message 88 of 103
latest reply

I am in PA and it will be 70 degrees today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I run a breast cancer support group at our local hospital and this is the first time in months that I haven't had to worry about snowy roads!!!

Message 89 of 103
latest reply

Hi Denise so happy to see you posting. Been worried about ya.

Nice to know your getting spring weather up there. How bad was the winter? 

One of our members lives up in Washington state. Have not seen here posting hope she was not in that mud slide deal.

Wishing everyone a pain free day,

DWB

Message 90 of 103
latest reply