cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help I.D.ing this pattern & maker~cylinder cut glass vase

Hello,  I have tried to find this maker & pattern and came up with nothing.  The original owner said she received this as a wedding gift in the 50's and indicated it was special stuff then.  It is very large at 12" high x 6.5" wide at the top.   I'm new at this so if I miss something pertinent in my message please advise.  Thank you for any info.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: need help I.D.ing this pattern & maker~cylinder cut glass vase

this might be a Hawkes Glass Vase. i want to refer you to the following auction. check to see if your vase has the acid etch marking shown in the pictures.it would be on the inside bottom.tilt it back and forth to get light right as the mark is often faint and VERY hard to see. item 290406467802 or http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Signed-Hawkes-Cut-Glass-Vase-/290406467802?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=...

🙂

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: need help I.D.ing this pattern & maker~cylinder cut glass vase

Hello!  Thank you so much for your speedy reply.  I looked at the inside bottom in all kinds of light and angles and saw no markings. I will be sure to look on the inside bottoms for markings in the future when I come across other great glass pieces.  I've only known to look on the outside bottoms!  I'm still stumped....and have added a close up photo of the pattern.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply