cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What IS this?

Heavy crystal, a somewhat familiar pattern. Too big to be a candy dish (or so it seems to me), too fancy for a canister, too small to he an ice bucket.  About 7" to the top of the knob, 4 1/2" in diameter.

I'm feeling kind of dumb about it.  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: What IS this?

Even though it is smaller than most canisters, I believe it could be considered one. I would check for the Waterford etch as a possibility. I looked at a lot of Waterford patterns but do not have time today to finish. Hope this is a place to start. Judy
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks! My first couple of inspections didn't reveal *any* etch, although my eyes REALLY aren't what they used to be... 

I finally remembered what it reminds me of...sort of like  Baccarat barware.

Im going to take another look w my magnifying glass  

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Replacements has one  item, but checking Goggle Image Search there are more examples.  I used these words: 

Ralph Lauren "Foster" pattern.  

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The Foster is probably not right. But Ralph Laren Crystal at Replacements has a lot more examples of other similar vertical and horizontal lined patterns.   Glen Plaid may be it.  They show two different examples of Glen Plaid.  This one may be closer: 346752  (Replacements number I believe)

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The Foster is probably not right. But Ralph Laren Crystal at Replacements has a lot more examples of other similar vertical and horizontal lined patterns.   Glen Plaid may be it.  They show two different examples of Glen Plaid.  This one may be closer

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

a Lauren "glen plaid" ice bucket measures 6" X 6.5". perhaps your bucket is a candy dish or drink mixer. that would depend on height, diameter and volume. your lid does not match the glen plaid pattern. have seen some Lauren ice buckets with handles, or lidless, so do not know if they came with lids too. another difference is that your item's pattern extends across the base. Lauren "Glen Plaid" doesn't extend across the base, and the base should have an 'acid etch' in the glass, signature/mark.
hope this helps 🙂
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Looks like it could be a biscuit barrel with lid, or a candy jar with lid. Check out Replacements 'Lauren Glen Plaid' for biscuit barrel, and also candy jar.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply