cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pink Greek Nude Woman footed Vanity Box Round front flat back

Hello,

I have never seen a piece like this - can someone please help me identify maker and pattern?  I believe it is a triple footed vanity box, Pink depression glass, Nouveau?  Deco"  It has three panels featuring an embossed Greek? woman with a sash of some sort in her hands -- there are large flowers in between the panels.  It is flat across the back and rounded in the front.  I see a pontil mark on the bottom.  It measures 6-1/2" across the back.  2-1/4" tall front and is just under 2" deep inside the front.  It is 2-1/2" deep at the center of the back.  Only issue I see is a chip in the foot.  

It about 1.2 pounds in weight.  Any help and or descriptive terms are appreciated.  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Pink Greek Nude Woman footed Vanity Box Round front flat back

Looks to be Tiffin

http://chataboutdg.com/gallery/img1388.search.htm
Kelly(momof5wild1s)
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Hello,  I collect powder boxes and dresser sets, in a book with a copywright of 1990 by the Whitmyers, this base is shown.  I have had the base for probably 30 years.  It was made to hold 6 crystal jars with metal caps.  The jars are different sizes.  The bottles conatin products of the "Charme Volupte" line by Doris Dorie of New York - Paris.  Included are nail lustre, lustre remover, vanishing cream, toilet water and two bottles of perfume.  This is pictured in the book.  It does not give a maker as far as I can tell.  Like I said before, I have had this base for years, but never found the bottles. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I'm sorry, Tiffin Eve Dresser Box by US glass, same link.
Kelly(momof5wild1s)
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Tiffin is really U S Glass Co plant at Tiffin, Ohio. so USG = Tiffin.
george
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks to all who replied.  What is strang is that the pontil mark is on the inside bottom of the piece and not the outside where one would expect it.  Is that a Tiffin deal or the way glass was made back then?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

cannot see the pontil mark...would think manufacturer would polish any pontil. other bottles sat in this dish so it is easy to see that the mark could be a chip etc..from Glass impacting Glass. Here are views of "Eve" info from the Weatherman book 2.

🙂EVE VIA WEATHERMAN 2.jpg

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Not a pontile mark but something in the way the molding plunger was made.
george
Message 8 of 8
latest reply