cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need possible value on L E Smith egg plate.

I was cleaning out a drawer in the spare bedroom and found this deviled egg plate. I believe it is L E Smith. I no longer have any use for it and am wondering what it is worth if possible. I believe the edges are iridescent milky blue and some have suggested it may be uranium/ vaseline glass. I have been searching everywhere for some information on what past ones have sold for or at least some info on the combination of this green and the edging. Nothing on Ebay, Ruby Lane, Etsy etc.

Thanks in advance!

Judy (Starmount1)

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Unable to find information on the green, but the clear one is selling on replacements for $19.99. It is listed as Smith glass, not L. E. Smith. Hope this helps. Judy
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks...I saw the clear and I think I have one somewhere! I am also wondering if it is uranium glass? My black light died so I can't check. But this is a picture in the sun..

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I looked at replacements again and found the green one. It is listed as Green 567, status unknown, does not list anything about uranium glass. It is my opinion that it is not. I sold one of these, starting my bidding at $.99, that is what it sold for. I would not expect to get any more than $15 or $ 20 myself. Now again this is my opinion only, I am not an expert, just been collecting glass & pottery for 25 years. Judy
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Beautiful..  Looks like it does have the right green glow.  Probably so.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the info! Did it have the blue coloring on the edges? I saw one somewhere either on Ebay or Etsy but it didn't have that milky blue edging.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

This is not a florecent which are nice, but it works. They make hand held units for in the field searching.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GE-22767-Black-Light-Bulb-60W-A19-Medium-Base-FREE-SHIPPING/272873959116?ha...

Message 7 of 7
latest reply