cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this EAPG? Anyone recognize it or the pattern or anything? TYIA

IMG_7734.JPGIMG_7735.JPGIMG_7736.JPGIMG_7737.JPGIMG_7738.JPG

Hi pottie pals!   I am learning and don't know a lot about glass   I was thinking because this has a seam that it would be considered pressed and possibly EAPG    3 1/4" tall x 5" wide (including the trim)   What do you call the edge on top, lace?  Would this be a dessert, sherbert or what?   Would the color be considered forest green?   Does anyone recognize the company that made this?   I hope I got something right!   Thanks for any and all help  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Hello,  It is not Forest Green, more like the green in the 70s, I have seen these around for several years, if memory serves me right I think they were used by florists.  The first time I saw one, I tried my best to think the pattern was American Sweetheart, a depression era pattern, but it is not.  Forest Green is a really dark green.   Hope this helps. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi  Thanks  It's so small I would have never thought a florist would've used this for anything   Off to go look  Thank you

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It is pressed glass. It is NOT early american pattern glass. The design work on the bowl is not sharply defined enough to be the intricately designed and hand pressed work of the EAPG period. In other words, it lacks the handcrafted quality of the period. It is a machine pressed piece. To answer your first question, it is a reticulated edge. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

i agree with the other assessments. a reproduction after the 70's. the color is not eapg nor a depression glass color. the edge is a generic "lacey edge/reticulated. a hard foam half sphere, was used as a "flower frog" to fit inside for bouquets.
🙂
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you. I was wondering why the pattern looked so blurry

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

we use one for a toothbrush holder in the bathroom. the kids love it . the pattern is a bad copy of Indina glass Lorain "Basket" made  mid 70's for the florist trade . mon gave me one in 75 with an African vilot in it 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply