cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify Green Vaseline Ink or Scent Bottle

Hello, Glassies! 

I found what I think is an unusual piece of Green Vaseline glass. It's a glass bottle, and I believe it is satin glass. It's pressed glass, and the pattern features birds with long tail feathers, leaves and geometric elements. It made me think of the Federal Glass Co. Georgian or Lovebirds pattern, but I am not aware of this pattern including satin glass pieces. It also made me think of the pattern called Parrot. Anyway, if you could take a look and give me some idea as to pattern and piece, it would be much appreciated. I'm also at a loss to determine if this might be a scent bottle or and ink bottle or something else.  It's approximately 4 inches tall x 2.75 in wide. The lid which may not be original is a dark green plastic. Pictures are included for your reviews. Thanks for your input!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Got a picture without the Black Light enhancement? Also a pic of the bottom of the bottle.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Sure thing. Here you are.  Without blacklight enhancement, a side viewWithout blacklight enhancement, a side view

Without blacklight enhancement, bottle's bottom viewWithout blacklight enhancement, bottle's bottom view

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hello,  Try this, The Tweety Bird vanity set has a powder box and cologne bottles marked Dermay, Inc. The cologne is 4" tall, and can have a metal or Bakelite screw lid, the bottle is tiranular with embossed birds.  The set is a tray, a powder box with a bird finial, it was made in frosted green, probably by the Tiffin Glass Co.  It looks like you have one of the cologne bottles.  Hope this works for you.  Sharon

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Oh, thank you so much. I didn't think it was Georgian or Lovebirds or parrot. I knew Tiffin did a lot of satin glass, but I didn't think of them because of the bird motiff.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I found that just a couple weeks ago in a booth at a local 'flea-tique' store.

I didn't have my blacklight flashlight to be sure it was what I'd hoped.  Because it was priced (probably carelessly) at only $1, I was not about to leave without it. 

Gotta love those kinds of finds!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply