cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY DOES EBAY ALLOW THE MYSTERY BOXES AND ENVELOPES? Unfair to participants

newdeals4sell
Enthusiast
Good evening to all.

Its great to have Ebay as a extra source of income, as sales people that we all are, but, recently I discovered a category named "everything else".
This is where all types of fishy offers seem to be going on, by the thousands, such as envelopes stuffed with thousands of dollars, etc....I feel these give Ebay a bit of a bad name and I feel they have to be banned. These fishy bids also seem to be posted on second categories and are floating almost everywhere.

Can anyone share their thoughts about this infamous subject?
I think it will benefit all of us, and make new buyers more confident about who sells from Ebay if they could only be banned.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: WHY DOES EBAY ALLOW THE MYSTERY BOXES AND ENVELOPES? Unfair to participants

i just happened across this and now......i am going to have to go check these auctions out lol
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Smiley Happyvideo of the Penquins...first laugh I have had in months..........thanks...........

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Flag Nazis flagged mine lol. I send good stuff too!!!**bleep**!!!!
Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Sorry about your loss. But i put real tangible items in my boxes, i.e. perfume, post cards, coins, old books, games etc. people still flag my stuff lol.
Message 19 of 25
latest reply

Do you buy scratch off tickets? lol. Any ways, i put REAL items in mine. And people still flag mine. **bleep**? I have messages with people that i have saved because they was so happy i communicated with them and helped them out through the process that i have lifetime buyers....It sucks we have scammers that ruin it for people like me.
Message 20 of 25
latest reply

If its a mystery then don't even bid!!!!!!!!! Don't ruin it for the "good" sellers. I mean dang.
Message 21 of 25
latest reply

I love Mystery and Blind boxes. I have purchased several. One was fairly lousy, but a couple of others contained some fun items, like comics, toys etc. I'm getting ready to purge my collection and put up several under a "theme" like Superhero, Space, Halloween, or Horror. These types, which seem more like Loot Crates, are my favourites.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

i thought mystery boxes were banned, with that said why not ban the chinese sellers?  i mean look at listings these days and most items listed low priced even with name brands are from china wholesaler selling direct ( this hurts reseller that import goods from asia) or a cinese based seller listing items as being in the USA, and have multiple accounts ( im talking dozens to hundreds).  and with the chinese selling for cost and offering free shipping people that use to make money buying from wholesalers are now getting the shaft ebcause they lose money per item when they have to pay same price as ebay plus shipping per unit from the wholesaler while the wholeseller charges wholesale with free shipping.  

then there are the mystery boxes, i was looking at them and recently read they are banned (yet they are still listed and a simple search will prove that) but also factor in most of the mystery boxes are $30- 20/30k per box) to me is to risky, and really a $1 or $2 mystery box would be a waste to order because you can bet it will be full of **bleep**.

now what wouold be a good mystery box i think is this.  sell a mystery box selling it with nothing but contents of a category ( I.E. video games and consoles only video games, game consoles, and console accessories.  radio control and control line everythign in the box must be rc related, etc.  and that the mystery box should be put in appropropriate category and must state what it is again say video games must state say xbox 360 and all items must be for xbox 360, rc must state if it is plane, car, or heli related and if it is nitro, electric, or gasser).

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

I just saw a video of someone that spent $5000 on one and the first thing out of their box was an empty macbook box. It's to easy for people to scam other people this way. It should not be allowed.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

This thread is older than my kids  sleeping

Message 25 of 25
latest reply