cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsold

I've got a large inventory of long unsold items, including a bunch of Golden Age comic books. Previously I had no problem selling them but for the last year or so, it's been like pulling teeth. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Unsold

Hi. Unfortunately the entire comic industry has taken a massive hit throughout late 2021-present and comic values have dropped SIGNIFICANTLY.  Gold and Silver age items have especially been hit hard. Also, buyers have a lot of sources to get an idea of what the Fair Market Value (FMV) of items are and they tend to treat online sellers like they were garage sales. Extremely low ball offers like $60 for a $225 listed item is common (and frankly, insulting). Buyers expect FREE Shipping, multiple item discounts etc. I would suggest holding off selling rare and valuable items until the market has recovered more and stick to less expensive, high volume items for the time being. It's one thing to take a hit on a sale, it's another to be essentially giving away one's collection.  One other option is to seek out more online places to sell your items. Hipcomic and Facebook Groups and Marketplace can be very lucrative.

Good luck selling and stay positive. Things will get better.

Brian

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Unsold

Hi, hope you are well.

Do you still have a lot of these? It's been a while curious what happened yet if anything.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply