cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Scam: Warning to other collectors

Hi fellow collectors:

I just want other buyers beware of this scam  from a seller I dealt with in March.  This seller has multiple listings for many key Marvel comics, like FF#1 and #5, Avengers #1, Amazing Spiderman #1, Journey into Mystery #83, Hulk #181, Ironman, etc. 

Anyways, I  purchased Amazing Spiderman #1, CGC 3.5 for $6600.  Great price. BUT in the listing, it said item can only be purchased at the Buy-it-now price.  But Buy-it-now is NOT in the listing.  You have to email the seller that you want to purchase item.

I did that.  The seller sent a link to their "buy-it-now" page.  I clinked on link, filled out my info.  Then the buyer sent an Ebay invoice asking me to WIRE money to his FL bank account.  After that, the seller sends item.

Well guess what? I NEVER received the item.  Seller never responded after repeated emails.   I realized I got scammed.  Never got my $$$ back from Ebay because I paid outside of their system.  

Also the seller account is in France, but ships from California.  Transaction wasn't in my purchase history which means the ebay link seller sent me was fake.  I think seller hacked into someone account to do this scam.  I've seen these listings every few months now, but under different sellers.  

So buyers beware of this scam.  I saw the warning signs, but ignored them.  Don't want you making the same mistake.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@jkdblee wrote:

I saw the warning signs, but ignored them.  Don't want you making the same mistake.

Listen to your brain!

At least you recognize that this was a result of your poor judgement. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@jkdblee I'm sorry you were scammed but the good thing is this will never happen to you again because you have taken responsibility and realize only you were at fault here. There are so many posts similar to this but the huge difference is that the others all blame eBay, or blame any other issue around them. They fail to understand exactly what they did wrong, which is why they repeatedly get scammed. You are much more perceptive and you will now succeed where others have not. Best of luck to you....

Message 3 of 3
latest reply