cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old pottery vase with a concrate rim on the top. any information

this is a old pottery vase 6 1/2" tall and 5" wide, has a concrete rim, was the vase all pottery and broken and fixed with concrete?  I think its from England as the crest has a lion in I. t  its hand painted DSC00535 (1).JPGDSC00537.JPGDSC00538 (1).JPGDSC00539 (1).JPGDSC00541.JPG and has no hall marks. any information.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Concrete has been used to build up missing sections on antique pottery. I suppose the people who did it had nothing else. I can't tell you anything about your faience vase but the lion is not a reason for assigning it to England.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Contemporary Asian import with some fantasy decoration that suggests European heraldry. This was a popular decor style about 10 or 15 years ago.

And as contributors on this board have mentioned many, many times before, hallmarks are found only on certain precious metals as a sign of purity. Hallmarks are never found on pottery. If you are going to deal in antiques and collectibles and want to be taken even halfway seriously you should commit this information to memory. Regards

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Concrete has been used to build up missing sections on antique pottery. I suppose the people who did it had nothing else. I can't tell you anything about your faience vase but the lion is not a reason for assigning it to England.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

hi. thank you. I understand what you or telling me, please understand I do not like making mistakes, when I was younger I  was a air traffic controller and mistakes or a no no. I will soon be 91 years old and some times things do not go right. I will do my best from now on.  this board means a lot to me.  bill

Message 4 of 4
latest reply