Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: help with art signature

What did Google say?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

What is the imagery saying here with the second woman's head?  Thoughts?  Just curious. 

Rita

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I can give you only the observation and advice given on the other thread about this:   It is a faded print or reproduction.   You need to take it out of the frame and look for publishing and other information, if you believe knowing that will increase its value or saleability, despite its condition.

Its value is going to depend much upon just it is;  that is, what kind of print or reproduction, as well.

Look at it through a good magnifying glass or with a loupe.  Do you see dots?  If it's a traditional, non-mechanical, lithograph, you'll see a sort of stippled pattern all over but any dots are rather small, vary somewhat in size, are in no set pattern.   If the dots are uniform in size and in a regular pattern, it's a mechanical offset lithograph, a mass-produced reproduction.

If you don't see dots with the loupe, what do you see?

Previous thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Collectibles-Art/help-with-art-work/td-p/33075478

-

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@melda58 wrote:

What is the imagery saying here with the second woman's head?  Thoughts?  Just curious. 

Possibly just the baby's sister. It's highly sentimental imagery, I'm not sure it's the sort of thing people really go for these days. I get a vaguely Irish vibe for some reason (maybe it's the shawl), but of course I could be miles out.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I see - sister. Thanks.   I was thinking that the face and hair look like those of an adult but sister makes absolute sense.  

Rita

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Yes, I don't think there's much in the way of deep symbolism here. By the way, to clarify my other comment: I'm not suggesting it's really from Ireland. It just wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be called (say) A Tender Mother in Old Erin, or something equally sentimental. (I made the title up, but that's the sort of genre it puts me in mind of.)

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

hi i dont see dots. just the regular pattern of the art it self. no dots. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Looks like it says:

??? Czech

Message 9 of 9
latest reply