cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with antique sterling horses&coach

Hi help please I need 2 give back story I am actress queenie vassar & joe cawthorns great grand daughter she bought many stunning art of all categories I have 2 sterling pieces I would like 2 sell but cant identify origin. This piece is missing 2 wheels but what is left is really beautiful and interesting with unicorns I guess as coat of arms?? Also there is what appears to be neptune??  Why they are on a coach and horses ??  It is so detailed it has sterling. curtains and more here are the pictures thanku so much in advance

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: help with antique sterling horses&coach

@maxine*j wrote:

About 160 miles east to MoscowAbout 160 miles east to Moscow

About 175 miles west to GlascowAbout 175 miles west to Glascow

My handy central location puts me about equidistant between the two cities.

Well I can do Washington to New York by car in 3 hours. stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

Also my family has pieces that were taking from palaces during the war they were sold to antique stores for food or?? Pieces that were commissioned for royals
Message 17 of 27
latest reply

Gosh!  And I'm about the same distance from both -- 220 miles to D.C. and 245 miles fo NYC.  Amazing coincidence! 

30directions.jpeg

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

I can cycle  New York to Boston in 46 minutes

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@estatesbyrose wrote:
Also my family has pieces that were taking from palaces during the war they were sold to antique stores for food or?? Pieces that were commissioned for royals

Probably best to start a new thread for these items, as this one is rapidly descending into chaos grinning

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

Well, you got me beat there!  If I leave from New York, it's 440 miles to Boston.  Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

How do i start a new thread please
Message 22 of 27
latest reply

@estatesbyrose wrote:

We did, temporarily, hijack your thread.  But the piece is interesting, and the biographies of your relatives are very interesting. 

If your family is still in possession of the sorts of items you describe, obtained during the war from wealthy, even artistocratic, clients, I think you really should be talking to some of the high-end auction houses.  While we're delighted to help and would love to see more of what you have, you're talking about items that may be of extraordinary value -- both historically and monetarily.

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@estatesbyrose wrote:
How do i start a new thread please

Just do what you did before by asking a new question. It will appear on the board as a fresh, uncluttered thread and you can post photos of your other items there for us to have a look at.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Last year I had two of these that I sold. I used the one in this link as it was similar to mine.

https://www.rubylane.com/item/829245-1002/antique-silver-carriage-horsemen-team

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@argon38 wrote:

@maxine*j wrote:

And after exploring beautiful Glascow, she journeyed on to see the sights in beautiful Mosgow.  Smiley Very Happy

Did you know you can drive from Glasgow to Moscow in half an hour?

Google Maps link

That's really fast considering that Moscow is less than 2 miles from Washington.

Capture.JPG

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 26 of 27
latest reply

It looks kinda like the salt cellars that used to sit on dining tables or flower holders on buffet tables.  There may have been a glass insert that went in the coach that you filled with water and stuck flowers in. I cant tell how big it is.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply