cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't identify the art

My brother is refinishing an old chest and there was a print on the inside lid that has crumbled over the years. all that is left is the head of the lady and a section of a staircase behind her. Can anyone help in identifying the artist?FB_IMG_1676171876989.jpg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: can't identify the art

You don't show the entire area. Is this on the underside of the lid? Inside on the walls of the chest? It's possible that your lithograph picture is a label from the maker and was a brand with text. You should always ask questions and show pics of the entire item to learn about an it before working on it. We've all seen stacks of horribly refinished trunks over the years.  There are a number of trunks like Moynot or Louis Vuitton and others (worth thousands) that need to be restored and not refinished. Good luck.                                                                                                                               

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Sorry. This picture is on the underside of the lid and I misspoke when I said refinish and I meant to say refinish. This is my brothers project and I was not thinking of the correct term.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Great, we caught it then.Maybe send an email to keep him in the loop and tell him to post a pic of the entire chest and the inside.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply