Collectibles & Art
Treasure hunters —you’ve come to the right place. Check out tips for buying and selling the classics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

How to get help on the Collectibles and Arts board

Everyone here is a volunteer. All are eBay users, buyers and sellers, willing to give time and energy to help one another. The information provided helps sellers make more money, helps buyers make better choices, and helps collectors better appreciat...

User avatar by Superstar
  • 17 replies
  • 72 helpful

Resolved! Russian translation help Please

This is on a set of Russian nesting dolls. I think the first word is "Russia", but the rest ??? I've tried online translation - don't know what all the letters are. Help? Thanks!

nesters10b (6).JPG
User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

S.S. Leviathan minature anchor salesman sample ocean liner 1914 - 1934

Hi looking for any help with this miniature anchor I just found last week at a antique storevery detailed weighs 1 pound the little rope guides are metal everything else is non metallic? nickel silver The Leviathan was a ocean liner built in Germany ...

DSC09821.JPG DSC09822.JPG
User avatar by Adventurer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Need help IDing Southwestern pottery olla / jar.

I'm looking for opinions concerning this slip decorated pottery olla. It measures 9 1/4" tall and 8 3/4" in diameter (at it's widest). It shows considerable signs of wear including a respectable old repair to the lip in a similarly colored clay (or c...

IMG_6652.JPG IMG_6655.JPG

Resolved! Can anyone identify these??

I don't know what materials they are made of, or how old.. I do know they were made in Mexico.. Thank you in advance..

Please help ID maker of set of unusual mugs or teacups

Would like to know maker of set of 6 mugs or teacups all in different colors. Also how to describe these as they are unusual shape. Stoneware feel on outside but look like porcelain on inside. Measure 4 1/2" tall and have no makers mark on bottom. Th...

Large bronze plaque Slovakia anthem with man in chains, signed - help with dating, purpose, etc

I have a large, heavy bronze plaque that came out of a military collection. I have been able to determine that the wording is the 3rd stanza of the Slovakia national anthem ("Nad Tatrou sa blýska" English: "Lightning over the Tatras", lit. "Above Tat...

bronzeplaque1.jpg bronzeplaque2.jpg bronzeplaque3.jpg bronzeplaque4.jpg
User avatar by Adventurer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Doll Identification please

I can’t seem to figure out the name of the artist that makes this doll, I’ve been at this for hours now and its killing me lol. Someone please help shes a Porcelain doll and seems to be limited edition but can’t be sure unless I’m sure who makes it. ...

22F88702-8CA0-4143-9E05-65529B28F150.jpeg 3BF6A3E1-B5E8-4A19-9EED-B743DE59B144.jpeg
User avatar by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Old pin, wings and three blade propeller, does anyone know what it's for?

I would think a military or airline pin would have some sort of name or motto on it but this has nothing; nothing on the back either. I've already looked at many, many pins with wings and propeller but couldn't find this one, so I am hoping someone h...

DSC05180.JPG DSC05181.JPG

Pencil drawing

This piece came out of an estate in Tampa, FL of a well know art collector. Just wanted to get opinions on the style and possibly the artist. I know its a long shot.

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors