cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woburn abbey collection by baker furniture co( help)

Came across this piece at a auction. I really don't know much about furniture. I have sreach this piece all over the Internet. Can anyone tell me anything about this. I like to see if I got a good deal or paid to much. I have seen baker furniture and prices but nothing like this one. Any help would be appreciated I had post in antiques

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

They are still in business. Maybe write too them. https://www.bakerfurniture.com/

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

And per that website, this Woburn Abbey line was introduced in 1969.  Evidently the pieces are copies of furniture from the home of the Duke of Bedford (the family seat being Wobrun Abbey).

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thanks.. I haven't been able to fine a piece like this one. Before I left the auction I had a couple of people wanting to buy it. So I decided I would hold on to it to try and fine out what it is worth before I got back with them. Didn't want someone to try and pull the wool over my eye. Just wanted to know about this piece. Might want to keep it for myself 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I'd take *sonoma*s advice and contact the company.  They take pride in their history.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

It is worth what you can get for it. If you do not want to keep it, take a modest profit and move on. Well made pieces of modern furniture are good value nowadays, but not the easiest things in the world to sell.

Never be reluctant leave something in it for the next man. Trying to get the top dollar for everything is a great way to sell nothing.

=============================================================
af," a reduntant, uneducated, diatribe spouting fool."
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Call the company they just me the the name of the collection name of the piece, what year it was made and the first edition. I was also trying to fine out if they made this piece in a second edition. 

Yes if it is sold there will be money left for the buyer to make money. Trying to fine out if it's a rare piece.  Thanks for all y'all s help.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply