cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are these?any value?

about 20 yrs ago I inherited some things from a friends' estate- have been stored since then and would like to know if these have any value, b4 i post-- not even sure what they are... thank you!bone china birds (1).JPGdunce plastic toy.JPGwater carrier toy.JPGDSCN9759.JPGDSCN9760.JPGDSCN9764.JPG

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: What are these?any value?

Hi,

I want to thank everyone for their input. It was all valuable and certainly helpful...got a few things up today...Smiles to all!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 14 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Can you take clearer pictures of the bottoms of each item. They are all very cute.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I will try.. my hands shake somewhat, so a bit difficult... 🙂

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Try resting part of your arm against the counter to steady your hands.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I was still unable to get a clearer pic but I finally was able to read bottom-- made in czechoslavakia..on the bottom of the small yellow floral piece.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Welcome to the site **special4you**.

The 1st photo may be Royal Copenhagen/Bing & Grondahl blue robin salt & pepper shakers.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

For the 2 birds, if there isnothing on the bottom, then you can enter: blue bird salt and pepper shaker into google.com/images. Lots of examples that are similar.

For the boy with 2 buckets, enter:  figurine dutch boy spring neck. I didn't see any match, but I saw a couple similar, that will get your started.

For the yellow vase, enter:  made in czechoslovakia pottery marks and see if you can find a similar image.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

A lot of the littie wooden Dutch nodder dolls, like your fellow with the pails, were made by Goula, in Spain.  I see a few here that look very much like yours:

https://www.google.com/search?q=vintage+wooden+dutch+nodder+dolls+goula+spain&source=lnms&tbm=isch&s...

Is the little guy in the pointed hat also made of wood?  He might be Goula, too, if he is.  Can you tell us what it says on his hat?

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for your help-- 🙂

The guy in the hat is plastic..the hat has Facit / Halda on it , along with some numbers...botton has a sticker- Sweden....

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Well, the only Facit Halda - Sweden that I come up with right off the bat is a now-bankrupt company.   The Halda company made typewriters, including a model called the Facit, produced in the late 1950s-early 1960s.  Whether your little guy is in any way related to that (as a promotional / give-away, for example), I cannot say.  But you might want to research more along that line, if no one comes along with a better idea.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

The Halda company made typewriters, including a model called the Facit, produced in the late 1950s-early 1960s.  Whether your little guy is in any way related to that (as a promotional / give-away, for example), I cannot say.

Yep, you've got it.

https://typewriters.ch/files/manuals/Halda%20Portable%20manual-2.pdf

(NB: the link is to a PDF file)

FACIT 1.PNGFACIT 2.PNGFACIT 3.PNG

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Teamwork!  Second time in two days that I've said something could be a promotional/ giveaway item, and then you've gone out and found an actual advertisement for same. 

So do we each get a badge, or do we have to share one?     Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

Teamwork!  Second time in two days that I've said something could be a promotional/ giveaway item, and then you've gone out and found an actual advertisement for same.

Not only that - both items were Swedish! How's that for déjà vu?

Here's some surprisingly interesting discussion about the Facit and Halda typewriters:

https://oztypewriter.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=FACIT

https://oztypewriter.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/halda-portable-typewriter-linking.html

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hi,

I want to thank everyone for their input. It was all valuable and certainly helpful...got a few things up today...Smiles to all!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply