cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW! I have never seen it this dead before! Anyone else feeling that something is terribly wrong?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

WOW! I have never seen it this dead before! Anyone else feeling that something is terribly wrong?

Well, Item Specifics seems to be dead on most listings right now and Chinese sellers have pretty much flooded eBay USA with super cheap items making it very hard for us USA based sellers to compete.  You would think it would be expensive for a Chinese seller to ship something from China to the USA, but the Chinese governement subsidisezes international postal mail for their citizens.  It might cost us $20 to ship something to China, yet that same item might cost the Chinese seller .20 cents to ship to the USA.  It's getting harder and harder for US sellers to compete on the eBay USA site because eBay has no issue with allowing sellers from anywhere in the world to list their dirt cheap products on eBay USA.  In the end we USA sellers will go out of business and eBay will suffer because they are getting a much smaller final value fee on the cheap item sold from China.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Possible that the president's angst about the midterms is manifesting itself in slower ebays.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

I'm not dead.  Not even close.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Do you only sell that one category and drop ship it?  Not everyone wants art and honestly, the Eloise xxx makes it feel fake to me.  And if the art work is so big, how is the shipping so cheap?

I do love the white room with all the woodwork.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Or maybe you paint it.  Why not show it as hand painted or decorated instead of on the fake looking backdrops?

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

It is actually the US that subsidizes shipping from china. Trump gave 1 year notice regarding the 140 plus year treaty... We'll see if he backs out of the treaty after the 1 year notice requirement is up.
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Ummmm, it is an election year and during this time period, there is a lot of angst among voters in the US and you will typically see a slow down in spending.

I am not political. I really dislike both parties. As a capitalist, I vote almost exclusively with my wallet.

Just to point out to you, the Democrat leadership has already said they want to take back the middle class tax relief passed by the republicans. Our household pays over 20K a year in income taxes (last year 24K). Take the tax break away and it will be over 30K a year in income taxes - then you add on the state income tax and if you want to nit pick, the state sales tax. On top of that, we pay the 10% to our church tithe tax (which I DO NOT resent!) and a tripling in our healthcare costs tax (which I DO resent)..... We then have the 4 (5 if you count the daughter in law) children tax. All 19 to 26.

Those taxes include: 3 in college tuition/books/fees we are paying for Tax... and the misc sundry taxes of the 2 Children living at home. Then you have the 4 children on the cell phone bill tax and the 4 children on the car insurance bill tax and the maintaining all those cars tax (that I own) and the misc rent for an apartment for the college student that had to go to school across the state cause mom said it was OK tax... and the family welfare tax for the married child that just graduated and needs a part time job income subsidized to pay rent/electric/water/gas money while the daughter in law (his wife) is in college driving 4 hours round trip to get to class because she didn't want to go to the Local college to get her masters....well...you get the picture. Thank God he just got a full time job and MAYBE that tax will go away. Lots of taxes on the middle class already kind of thing.

So you can imagine the angst amongst those who actually have to pay the taxes.....these are typically the middle and upper middle class people that fund the rest of everything the wealthy & corporations don't cover so the ain't got nothing crowd can sit home, collect EBT/Subsidized Housing/Free Healthcare/Free Education (which almost all fail to take advantage of) etc. and that doesn't include the people that don't have to pay any Federal taxes but aren't eligible for the above but think it's ok that our family has to pay for everyone else that the rich and corps don't pay for... kind of thing.

Just sayin, kind of makes you want to wait and see how the election plays out before you spend what you have... as our family is not spending right now either beyond the bare minimum of what we need to buy either and if the Democrats are elected... we won't have a choice but to prepare financially for what they always do....(always excludes Pres. Clinton whom I liked, but he was reasonable)

Cheers
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Since the link below indicates steady sales, and OP's post is blank beyond the title, perhaps just advertising.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/abstractelle/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_from&_ipg&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&...

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Yawn.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

PayPal has confirmed sales are down on ebay.  Guess we will know 10/30 if they don't 'play' with the numbers.

And who is making the sales- 99 cents and free shipping!

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

I feel the same,
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Internet sales tax collection, at least for some small sellers, was a deal breaker . The paper work and obtaining a sales tax number, which opens you up to a new financial scrutiny, not having Ebay support in terms of collection has driven some sellers to other online selling platforms that collect and report/remit on behalf of the seller. Buyers are steering away from states like NY that are required to collect, and buying elsewhere with no tax. Understandably. We have had buyers asking us to eat the sales tax, or loose the sale. We have lost sales. But are adhering to the laws of this great STATE.
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

i find decent Asian items all the time (spell correct made a suggestion to capitalize the A in asiaN but american not LoL) but they are but guppies in a vast ocean so i quit buying those for sure to resell,that's only a minor thing compared to the many changes made in the last year that have driven the market downward but the$20 20 cent comparison is the spirit of the changes that point buyers downward.
Good luck grasshopper
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

have 2 items go dark 2 Dillingham duck decoy prints
Message 15 of 21
latest reply