cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Glass Perfume or Deposit Bottles Help

Asking for a friend, who is working on an estate. The former owner collected Fenton, and we have reached dead ends as far as researching these bottles online and in several Fenton research books. Wondering if they are from another maker? Apologies, I didn't get photos of the bottoms. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Are these Fenton perfumes?

They are Fenton according to the experts.

I think special Fenton (mainly because of the color pink and you have a pair) but I will return if I can find out more definitive information . I did not want to say that they were Fenton until I spoke with an expert so as not to mis-lead you. The folks that know Fenton a lot better than I responded very quickly - I think "chomping at the bit" you could say. More to follow if I get more info.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

c*me*4*lefton*info
Trailblazer

I can not tell for sure until I see the bottoms. I will check into it from the Fenton experts (who won't need to see the bottoms like I do) and see what they say. If I get a response I will post it here sometime later.

Or maybe someone will find this post that can provide a definitive answer sooner than I.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

They are Fenton according to the experts.

I think special Fenton (mainly because of the color pink and you have a pair) but I will return if I can find out more definitive information . I did not want to say that they were Fenton until I spoke with an expert so as not to mis-lead you. The folks that know Fenton a lot better than I responded very quickly - I think "chomping at the bit" you could say. More to follow if I get more info.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thank you so very much, c*me*4*lefton*info! And, if you could provide more info later, please do. My friend will be so happy to know that they are indeed Fenton. Would be great to have the form/color description, but at this time we are thankful to finally have them identified as Fenton pieces!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I do not give valuations frequently or lightly. But since you mention that these will likely end up at an estate sale I would put a price of between $80-$125 on the pair. They would also sell for that price on ebay (and maybe more with the right folks interested).

Fenton had what they called a gift shop close to the factory they ran that made the Fenton glass. According to my sources these were spotted at one time for sale in the gift shop.

No one has been able to come up with a pattern name or number, it takes a lot of research to do that with relatively rare (even if perhaps modern - post 1970s) Fenton pieces. I suspect the people that have done the research are just not willing to give up all that they know about the perfumes, I can't say that I blame them since it does require a large investment of personal time and effort. Thus my "chomping at the bit" remark.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Oh, wow, thanks again c*me*4*lefton*info. You have been so very helpful, and this gives my friend some direction. She will be so thankful to have this information!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hi, These are Fenton Rosalene Diamaond Optic Perfume, alot of collector's also call them Mini's and take the stopper out and use as a small vase. Good Luck!!
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

This link may help you in the future for some of the items if you can not id them.

https://www.stretchglasssociety.org/fenton-catalogs-40s-through-60s

Message 8 of 8
latest reply