cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two separate customers wanted refunds for perfectly fine Thomas Kinkades. Scam?

Both complaints had overwhelming SIMILAR emails with these long explanations about how they were looking forward to the poster. Both complained about a "crease" in the middle, when there is none there. Both said the packaging was intact. Both said the paper print was "unhangable". Both wanted a refund to include shipping charges. Are they MAKING COPIES of the print and COA? I'm beginning to think it is a scam.

eBay forced me to accept the return of the first one and I know they will probably do it again since they don't side with sellers. Now that I got a similar email from another customer.....it's ridiculus. The posters are perfectly good and I hate to lose shipping charges and fees again. Thoughts? Advice?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Two separate customers wanted refunds for perfectly fine Thomas Kinkades. Scam?

You could be right about this being a scam of some kind.  I suppose you could try listing the returned poster again and see if this happens yet a third time.  

Rita

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

Re: Two separate customers wanted refunds for perfectly fine Thomas Kinkades. Scam?

@deepseashadow wrote:

the artist of light <cough cough>

Certainly lightened many pocketbooks...

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

I had planned to list my remaining lithographs and other items for the holiday season.  But after a duplicate fishy incident like this one at my expense? Nah.

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

every village has one, or two or three,davey demsy won't you help
HINC HVMILIBVS VENIA

HINC RETRIBVTO SVPERBIS

MISERICORDIAS DOMINI IN AETERNVM CANTABO AD MAJOREM DEI GLORIAM
Message 19 of 24
latest reply

As a newer seller I knew people would jump at the chance to try and pull one over on me. So in order to minimize people like this the best I could, I  changed my return policy to no returns. I have since changed it.  But for some items especially art pieces I'll still have it set as no returns. 

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

Sellers need to remember, though, that "no returns" is not the same as "no refunds".  If a buyer files a claim, eBay will refund, to the buyer, the purchase amount and the original shipping cost.  All the seller saves is the cost of return shipping.  All "no returns" means to eBay is that you don't want the item back if a customer is dissatisfied with it.

To quote eBay:  Even if you specify "no returns accepted", under the eBay Money Back Guarantee the buyer can still return an item if it doesn't match the listing description.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handling-return-requests/setting-rules-re...

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

@emy_jay wrote:

As a newer seller I knew people would jump at the chance to try and pull one over on me. So in order to minimize people like this the best I could, I  changed my return policy to no returns. I have since changed it.  But for some items especially art pieces I'll still have it set as no returns. 

As Maxine says, a "no returns" policy still means you have to accept returns if your items are not as described. And an unscrupulous buyer who is determined to get their money back will not hesitate to damage your item before returning it.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

@argon38 wrote:

As Maxine says, a "no returns" policy still means you have to accept returns if your items are not as described. And an unscrupulous buyer who is determined to get their money back will not hesitate to damage your item before returning it.

And some unscrupulous buyers look for a "no retrurns" poilcy, hoping the seller will stick to the stated policy, so the buyer has the item free of any cost. 

A "no returns" policy only makes sense if a seller has decided that his cost of sale makes it more sensible to take the loss than process the return.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Not to mention the fact that many honest buyers find a "no returns" policy suspicious and offputting, and will simply look to buy elsewhere.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply