cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translation Help: Chenes Hieroglyphs on Silk Panel

Need English Translation: Chinese hieroglyphs on silk panel with embroidered flowers and birds. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Image provided (sorry, the photo can be loaded with the hieroglyphs in a horizontal position only). Thanks!

IMG_4999.JPG

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Translation Help: Chenes Hieroglyphs on Silk Panel

松鹤延年

松:pine

鹤:crane

延:extend

年:years

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

松鹤延年

松:pine

鹤:crane

延:extend

年:years

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Songhe Yannian(松鹤延年) is a common auspicious word in China。

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@waxu_93 

I just want to say thank you for giving your time here.  We get a lot of questions about marks and inscriptions in Chinese, and your help with them is really appreciated.   🙂

-

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Some people  also helped me translate German,i have more time resently.

Thank you for the compliment😀

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Thank you very much for your help with the translation, i really appreciate your help!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@waxu_93 

Just checking, but isn't this Japanese?

I just thought it looks like Kanji, which is based on the Chinese alphabet - so it would make sense (at least nominally) in both languages, right?

Could be completely wrong. 

(Stumbled across this when I searched Egyptian hieroglyphs!)

Cheers

Mae

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Yes, these are Kanji, not really hieroglyphs. I can't see enough of the embroidery to get any sense of where it might have been made.

Kanji can be used to write both the Chinese and Japanese languages. My understanding, from a colleague who had worked for several years in Japan and was married to a native Japanese speaker, was that something written in Kanji can be read in either Chinese or Japanese, and the meaning would be the same.

It would sound different if read aloud, but the kanji represent the ideas or concepts, the meaning, not the sounds.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

It is a Chinese item.It's just that the Embroidery sun  is more like the Japanese national flag。

look for reference most of them 松鹤延年 painting have a red sun:

https://image.baidu.com/search/index?tn=baiduimage&ct=201326592&lm=-1&cl=2&ie=gb18030&word=%CB%C9%BA...

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Chinese characters (kanji)have a history of thousands of years.Probably around the time when Moses led the Israelites out of Egypt, there were Chinese characters.It is said that Chinese characters were invented by Cang Jie, a god.Of course I don't believe this, but there is no other evidence that I know of either.Maybe the Chinese are the people who were blown away from Canaan, I'm just guessing.

IT is the  earliest kanji  Chinese characters  picture:

https://image.baidu.com/search/index?tn=baiduimage&ps=1&ct=201326592&lm=-1&cl=2&nc=1&ie=utf-8&dyTabS...

Message 10 of 10
latest reply