cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reprinted sportscards legal or illegal to list on Ebay platform?

Ebay say that all reprint sport cards are counterfeit according to there policy. Ebay has removed my cards from there platform, but left the last week of August over 84,000+ sport cards up on there platform. Ebay is discriminating against me personally. I have reported Ebay to the Federal Trade Commission for unfair selling practices. This coming Tuesday, September 6, 2022 I am going to report Ebay again for doing the very same thing saying that reprinted sports cards are counterfeit. If this is the case, why is Ebay allowing many sellers to list reprinted sport cards, but allow other reprinted sport cards to remain on their platform? I would like any commit regarding reprinted sports cards. Are they legal or illegal to list on Ebay platform? Thank you

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Reprinted sportscards legal or illegal to list on Ebay platform?

@alabamasportscards wrote:

Ebay has removed my cards from there platform, but left the last week of August over 84,000+ sport cards up on there platform. Ebay is discriminating against me personally.

FAQ.png

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/removed-listings?id=4656&st=3&... 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

One of the Item Specifics for sports cards is "Original / Licensed Reprint," so that clearly answers your question about whether or not reprints can be sold. 

However, note that they must be licensed reprints, and that is the key.   If the reprints are not licensed they are, in fact and quite obviously, counterfeit;  i.e., someone who has no legal right to do so is reprinting the cards.

Were you selling unlicensed reprints?  If you were selling licensed reprints, were you designating them as such and showing the manufacturers' marks in your photos to make that clear?  

It's amazing that among more than 25,000,000 sellers on eBay, you would be singled out, personally, for discrimination.  Be sure to let us know what action the FTC takes on your behalf.

-

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I will respond on this board what action the FTC takes against Ebay for unfair policy practices with respect to reprinted cards. Policies and guidelines are one thing, but when a person or company goes before any judge no matter rather he or she is a Local, State or Federal judge those policy and guidelines or worthless. The judge only applies what the law says. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

So, were you selling licensed reprints?   That really is the question, because the eBay policy is clear and, indeed, it is in place to reflect federal laws regarding both intellectual property rights and  the sale of counterfeit merchandise. 

Anyhow, when the FTC takes your case to a federal court, let us know the case number so we can keep abreast of the matter.

-

Message 5 of 5
latest reply