cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oversized Word Paper Money albums?

I have been trying to find albums to store my oversized paper money i collect from all over the world. I have these huge Russian bills and lots of oversized bills that don't fit in the normal currency albums. I have searched all over. I can't even find protector sleeves for them. I would prefer an album but if anyone knows a brand or anyway i can find something to store these in so they don't get damaged. The Russian bills which are the largest are 10 1/2 inches wide and 5 inches in height.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Oversized Word Paper Money albums?

I don't remember saying anything about pouring boiling water on artifacts, can you point me to that?

Seriously, those videos, while leaning to the very nerdy side, contain valuable information.

Oops, gotta go, saliva and  "protein enzyme" is trending on Reddit.🤔

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Could you stop back & let us know what you wind up doing?

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

I found a seller that has the pages that are large enough to put them in, unfortunately the only option is putting it in a 3 ring binder.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

@zzlordraduzz wrote:

I found a seller that has the pages that are large enough to put them in

I'm glad you found something that fits the bill (literally).

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

"... glad you found something that fits the bill (literally)."

It must have been painful to wait for the right moment to use that! 😊

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

Note that some people will cash in on any opportunity for a good pun. 

-

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

@argon38 wrote:

@sonomabarn67 wrote:

My thoughts are, would the Smithsonian put gummy-back pages up against a copy of the Emancipation?

My thoughts are, would the Smithsonian stick a gilt-iron candelabra in boiling water?  innocent

@argon38 

I know where this is coming from.

My Bob Vila suggestion will forever be part of my legacy...

😁

@sonomabarn67 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Collectibles-Art/25-quot-gold-gilt-7-candle-candelabra-help-please/m-p...

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 22 of 25
latest reply

Well, both @maxine*j  and @sonomabarn67 were right on the money that time, weren't they?

Just putting in my two cent's worth.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

@gkn29 wrote:

My Bob Vila suggestion will forever be part of my legacy...

😁

At least it wasn't potentially lethal. I once suggested the "hot pin test" to the owner of a billiard ball who couldn't tell if it was ivory or plastic. Thankfully Maxine pointed out that early plastic billiard balls were made of guncotton (nitrocellulose)....   🔥 🚒

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Isn't it a 40 year anniversary for This Old House? I remember watching the Miracle On Ice and then watching This Old House with our 2 year old daughter. She was probably thinking "what is wrong with these people with all their jumping around and screaming at that box"? And then Bob Vila calmed us down to talk about furnace choices.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply