cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One more Sword ID

Yea I have often wondered if these swords that we have had in our family for so many years were comparable to others... quality and or rarity. Chances are these were all given to my grandfather during his stay at the academy in Connecticut.. Norwich20190831_162155.jpg20190831_162214.jpg20190831_162224.jpg20190831_162234.jpg

I remain tru no matter what!
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: One more Sword ID

I wonder if this could be a Civil War period short sword? 
As far as I know, no battles took place during the civil war on the Connecticut Territory, but many Connecticut men took part in the war in the Union Army? Maybe there are Civil War forums where more knowledgeable people can help?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It seems to be artillery short sword. How long is the blade?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I wonder if this could be a Civil War period short sword? 
As far as I know, no battles took place during the civil war on the Connecticut Territory, but many Connecticut men took part in the war in the Union Army? Maybe there are Civil War forums where more knowledgeable people can help?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I dont quite remember how i landed on it but I was looking up info on this pin Norwich UniversityNorwich Universityand that led me to the lion head German Sword I've had not knowing anything about and then civil war swords (this sword) but can't remember where i saw this it was late that night..Its funny you said that I was wondering if that would come up..thank u

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

almost 29"
Message 6 of 6
latest reply