cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need info on Imperial pie crust table please

HI, I am looking for more info on this pie crust Imperial furniture made in Grand Rapids Mich.  I have seared Ebay, google & even Imperial Furniture even using the # that is on the underside but have not see a table with these type legs.  Most of the pie crust tables have the 3 tripod type legs.  Not sure if these are original to the table top.  I believe the table is mahogany  from the 30's 40's and it is not a tilt top.  Any and all info anyone on this board can give is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.  Joci

tom pic2.jpgtom's [oc 1.jpgtom's  pic 3.jpgtop table.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Need info on Imperial pie crust table please

sonomabarn67 thank you for the link for Imperial furniture.  I do believe in my search I had seen many of the tables but none like the leg construction of my table with 2 center post coming down to meet the base with the 4 legs.  I did see a similar constructed card table with the drawer and an oval piecrust with glass insert but still not like this one.  Also I saw a few that stated "hand carved" and my photo shows the designs on the legs and base which may be hand carved and I don't want to miss inform on this.  I even searched Imperial # 1352 and although some tables were shown with this # they were not like mine so it is not the number of the table but possibly a lot number.  I do appreciate your info and will keep the link for future if needed.  I am hoping others will comment on this post .  I think it is late 30's-40's and maybe in the $400 price range.  Thanks. Joci

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

OK, couple things, it's not hand-carved but (machine carved) and it may have been special order so you may not ever find a duplicate. I have a French desk by Francois Linke in Paris. In talking with Christopher Payne who wrote "the book" on Linke said he has never seen one like mine but said it is def by Linke.

The finish on yours looks pretty rough, is it still worth that?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

thanks again for your interest in my post and reply.  I understand what you said about this piece may be one of a kind or special order so no duplicate to compare it too.  I was concerned since I looked at over 100+ Imperial pie crust tables that this may have been a marriage between the top and bottom so I guess I may never know.  Yes, I agree the top has some visible damage which, of course, must be taken into consideration. I was just hoping that I would find another piece in good condition, that has the era and price and then I would compare this table with it.  Again thanks for your help.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply