cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with value of Moral Sayings of Confucius 1855

Need help with finding a value for this book. The only ones that I can find are brand new reproductions. This book is an original 1855 copy of Moral Sayings of Confucius, A Chinese Philosopher.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Need help with value of Moral Sayings of Confucius 1855

The condition is poor,I am not sure there are many book collectors out there who would want a copy of Confucius saying in English,you can go to AMZN forum and ask the book sellers.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

All I can tell you is that, generally speaking, if there are print-on-demand copies available and selling, that's a good thing for you. Ongoing interest in a book can mean there's a market for the original.  I'd say the condition of yours is not bad at all, with the "foxing" (all those spots) being perfectly normal. 

Here's the WorldCat entry:

https://www.worldcat.org/title/moral-sayings-of-confucius-to-which-is-added-a-sketch-of-his-life-wit...

There is a Booksellers Board here on eBay that used to attract knowledgeable and experienced booksellers.  It's very slow now, but this might catch someone's eye, so it's worth posting this on that board, as well:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Booksellers/bd-p/24

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for the response. I will check out the book sellers board section.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

There is a copy likes yours (from description) listed now on Biblio.com for $135.  

MORAL SAYINGS OF CONFUCIUS, A CHINESE PHILOSOPHER, WHO LIVED FIVE HUNDRED AND FIFTY-ONE YEARS BEFORE THE CHRISTIAN ERA; AND WHOSE MORAL PRECEPTS HAVE LEFT A LASTING IMPRESSION UPON THE NATIONS OF THE EARTH. TO WHICH IS ADDED A SKETCH OF HIS LIFE;
Cleveland, OH: A.B. & Co., 1855. wrappers--20p.--some foxing--sewed-.

Rita

Message 5 of 5
latest reply