cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input would be appreciated. Interesting vase.

Vase is 5 1/4" high, 4" wide at shoulder, the base 2 1/2" diameter and the mouth is 1 3/4" in diameter.  I'm almost at a loss as to how to describe this vase.  When I first saw it in a co-op, I thought nice/pretty, but ....

I picked it up, it looked new, but had nice weight an interesting transmutation glaze like a flambe or robin's egg on the lower side and what might be indications of a crystalline on the top and shoulder.  Then I looked at the bottom and I wasn't going to set the piece back down there. 

flambe_1.JPGflambe_2.JPGflambe_3.JPGflambe_4.JPGflambe_5.JPG

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Input would be appreciated. Interesting vase.

it is either unsigned fulper or the type of chinese pottery fulper was copying.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@md1919 wrote:

it is either unsigned fulper or the type of chinese pottery fulper was copying.

Thank you, I hadn't thought about that possibility.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Send your pics to Peter Combs.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@sonomabarn67 wrote:

Send your pics to Peter Combs.

Thank you.  I haven't thought about them for a long time and think I will have to do that with this one.  I don't have nearly the reference material that I had 40 years ago.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply