cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying Delft Tile

Can anyone help me with describing this tile.  Online I saw the date letter G means 1885, I have  a feeling the G in a wreath on this tile does NOT mean 1885, but any help would be appreciated! IMG_3749.JPGIMG_3750.JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Identifying Delft Tile

You may have better luck asking on the ceramics board or group. 

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@webebuyers 

When you search on here there are 378 matches for Delft Hand painted 6 x 6 Tile Holland

Many of them have the same logo pictured on the back and I could not find one listed that references what it is, so perhaps notate it in the listing, but appears to not impede the ability to find the tiles in search.

Pottery board might be a better fit to ask, but a quick search on here shows many listed, etc with no mention of the graphic.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Not antique but rather a modern copy or re-creation

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Categorically not 19th century. Best guess would be 1970s or thereabouts. It says made in Holland, but I'm finding the same "G in wreath" mark on some West German souvenir tiles as well - compare this one:

https://www.rubylane.com/item/135665-10896/Box78ed-West-Germany-Blue-Danube-Floral 

(The crowned DBL logo on the German box seems to be associated with a mass-market souvenir firm named Elesva. I can't find out much about them, either. It doesn't really matter anyway, as far as your piece is concerned.)

Message 5 of 5
latest reply