cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDing McDonald Happy meals toy

Recently purchase a collection of McDonald happy meals toys.  Have gone thru them and sorted by year and series.  Problem is with 2000 102 Dalmations and 2002 100 yrs of magic.  Items are in closed sealed poly bags and you can not see what is inside.  On the other series I can find something that tells what is inside or they have clear poly bags.  Am I missing something on the above two series that will give me clue or is it just feel and  guess.mcdonald 100.jpgmcdonald 102.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: IDing McDonald Happy meals toy

Those are called "blind bags". Lace had the same suggestion I would have made - hold it up to a bright light to try and see through. If that doesn't work, search eBay to see how other sellers are listing them, and compare that to sold items to see what methods are successful.

In the past I've sold blind bags with no issue. Just a generic advertisement of, in your case, a McDonald's 102 Dalmatians Happy Meal Toy. Do not say someone 'might' get figure X or Y as that's against the chance listings policy.

I've also sold open blind bags, where you make a very small cut at the top seam, just big enough to pop the toy out, then take a pic of the toy with the cut package, advertise as used, then in description say it's new but listed as used because you opened the blind bag to ID the toy.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Shine a bright light behind the bags, and the silhouette of the toy inside might give you a clue.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Maybe do a Google image search to find all the figurines in each set (100 years, Dalmatians).  Then, knowing what the various figurines look like, using the strong light as Lacemaker suggested along with feel, you might be able to identify many, of not most, of them.  Whether or not they sell for enough to make it worth all that trouble, I do not know.

-

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Those are called "blind bags". Lace had the same suggestion I would have made - hold it up to a bright light to try and see through. If that doesn't work, search eBay to see how other sellers are listing them, and compare that to sold items to see what methods are successful.

In the past I've sold blind bags with no issue. Just a generic advertisement of, in your case, a McDonald's 102 Dalmatians Happy Meal Toy. Do not say someone 'might' get figure X or Y as that's against the chance listings policy.

I've also sold open blind bags, where you make a very small cut at the top seam, just big enough to pop the toy out, then take a pic of the toy with the cut package, advertise as used, then in description say it's new but listed as used because you opened the blind bag to ID the toy.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks everyone for input.  Think I will do a combination of suggestions.  Was able to partly determine contents with light. There are so many "Dalmations"  ones,  will not take time to try to determine.  Maxine is right--not worth time and effort.  Will follow Wastingtime advice and list them in blind bags.  Take you chance on what you get.  No guessing. 

Again thanks.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply