cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you view the original post in a thread?

I clicked on  a post expecting to see the original post but was taken to a reply and a long string of replies but I couldn't see how to view the OP. I don't visit this forum much these days and this is a change which has lost me.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Well, here you go, then:  

posted by journeymazine on 07-06-2015:
ANYONE HEARD OF BRONZE ARTIST DUKE DUCOTE?

Has anyone heard of Duke DuCote; the artist of this bronze piece I bought at an estate auction? Also, is this still called a statue, even though it's more like a plaque?

Finally, on the back of it is engraved BEAVER NEERS - does anyone know what that is suppose to mean?!

I appreciate any help.

AA COLLECTIBLE BRONZE STATUE BEAVERS 1ABC Resized.jpg

AA COLLECTIBLE BRONZE STATUE BEAVERS 3CC statue title RESIZED.jpg

AA COLLECTIBLE BRONZE STATUE BEAVERS 3CCS statue title ReSized.jpg

AA COLLECTIBLE BRONZE STATUE BEAVERS 4AAA info sticker RESIZED.jpg

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I was curious to see the work of Duke Ducote mentioned in this post:
"ANYONE HEARD OF BRONZE ARTIST DUKE DUCOTE?". I know I can google him but it is the structure of the forum that I puzzled by.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

When I clicked on that thread, it opened for me showing the original opening post from 2015

and all it's replies underneath.

Does this work for you?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Collectibles-Art/ANYONE-HEARD-OF-BRONZE-ARTIST-DUKE-DUCOTE/m-p/2421274...

?

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Generally, if you're signed it you will be taken automatically to the last page on which there was a post you read.  So if the thread ran to four pages, say, and you last read a post on Page 2, you'll be taken to Page 2;  if it were Page 3, that's the page you'll be taken to; et cetera. 

So, check the page numbers at the bottom of the page you were taken to, and if you're not on Page 1, with the original post, just click on the page number to go there.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

No.  All I can see are the replies. Weird.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Well, here you go, then:  

posted by journeymazine on 07-06-2015:
ANYONE HEARD OF BRONZE ARTIST DUKE DUCOTE?

Has anyone heard of Duke DuCote; the artist of this bronze piece I bought at an estate auction? Also, is this still called a statue, even though it's more like a plaque?

Finally, on the back of it is engraved BEAVER NEERS - does anyone know what that is suppose to mean?!

I appreciate any help.

AA COLLECTIBLE BRONZE STATUE BEAVERS 1ABC Resized.jpg

AA COLLECTIBLE BRONZE STATUE BEAVERS 3CC statue title RESIZED.jpg

AA COLLECTIBLE BRONZE STATUE BEAVERS 3CCS statue title ReSized.jpg

AA COLLECTIBLE BRONZE STATUE BEAVERS 4AAA info sticker RESIZED.jpg

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

It was posted by journeymagazine on 07-06-2015, by the way.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thanks Maxine, for showing me the pictures I was looking for. The latest iteration of Safari Browser is having problems on various sites; today it was on the a banking site and a utility site when I was trying to pay a bill. Maybe something similar is happening on eBay with Safari.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@pillarboxred wrote:
Thanks Maxine, for showing me the pictures I was looking for. The latest iteration of Safari Browser is having problems on various sites; today it was on the a banking site and a utility site when I was trying to pay a bill. Maybe something similar is happening on eBay with Safari.

You're welcome.  I almost didn't include the pictures but at the last moment thought to myself, "Wait!  It's surely the pictures that are wanted, not the bit of text."    I can be slow on the uptake.   Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
latest reply